Anxiety About Giving Away Old Clothes

Options
2»

Replies

• goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I understand your anxiety. I've had it too. At one time I had about four, maybe five large boxes with that many size jeans and pants in each one. I hung on to each box for the longest time. But this last time I determined "would" be the last time and I gave them all away. For one thing, I detest clutter and old clothing that we no longer wear is nothing but clutter and it's also something someone else needs badly and will love to get.

It's time for you to move on. You choose to maintain or regain. I weigh daily or nearly so and if I see even two pounds creep up, I go to work on getting it right off. You do not have to accept regaining weight. People allow it. Yes, it happens to most everyone because they revert to old habits, bad foods, too much food.

You choose to be thin or get fat again. Giving away the clothes is a very good thing to do. It's saying "no" to regaining weight and yes to staying slim. Let it go and enjoy where you are.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I kept some of my fat and low weight clothes from years ago. Turned out to be a great thing; when I rebounded, I had something to wear, and now that I'm approaching my previous low weight range, I have something to compare myself to.

My plan this time around though is to be smaller, by far, than I ever have been. I've given some clothes away but I'm keeping quite a bit around to do before/after pics and comparisons with.

Then all but a couple pair of jeans, one from my 300+ lbs range and another from my once smallest self, are staying just for posterity. I have no reason to keep the other clothes. I want a brand new day when I hit goal this time.