Is there such a thing as low calorie pasta????

Options
2»

Replies

• MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Try making the pasta the side and not the main dish - ie, chicken and veggies with a little pasta instead of pasta with a little chicken and some veggies :)

pasta is, overall, not too bad of carbs, especially if you do WW - just in moderation - not 2 or more cups of spaghetti noodles filling your bowl!
  • airen123
    airen123 Posts: 149
    Options
    I definitely just stood in Kroger for half an hour researching this. Aside from going to speciality stores like WF, ordering noodles online, or getting weird tofu/shiri noodles and spaghetti squash, the winner is Ronzoni Smart Taste at 180 calories per 2 oz or 3/4 cup. I'd do one 3/4 cup for side portion or 2 3/4 cups if is my entree (usually entree, who am I kidding) with lots veggs mixed in and a shake of Parm and olive oil.

I do love spag squash as well!
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash is my new savior! :-)

So want to try this but I have no idea if Walmart carries it.....can you find it at Walmart....grrr I hate small towns some times! Thanks!

My Walmart carries i... most do.

I make a lower calorie pasta by lower the actual pasta by half what I would normally use... I than add in spaghetti squash and some other veggies sliced thin.

If you want just pasta that is lower cal, it's best to actually go to your store and look and compare the boxes. People here are from all over the world so what you have access to I may not
  • RonnieBrenner
    Options
    Dream Fields pasta is pretty low calorie and low carb as well.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    This thread

h05CB4111
  • spaghetti93
    spaghetti93 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    kelp noodles or spaghetti squash work well in certain dishes but i find that theres no substitute for actual pasta. You may not be able to find magical low calorie noodles, but there are high fiber / veggie / multigrain pastas that are definitely better than plain old pasta.
  • blacsu
    blacsu Posts: 1
    Options
    I saw on the.Chew the I other day that one if the cooks shredded/julienned zucchini and added it to a pasta dish. (I am not a great cook so all I can say is that it looked like long threads). He cooked the spaghetti and drained it then put it in a frying pan and at that point added the zucchini and the other sauce etc. he heated for a very short time and served. I have tried and not I am using equal parts spaghetti and zucchini. Perhaps this will work for you. Good luck!