How to Make Proats?

Sunitagt
Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
I just wanted to know how you make proats. Do you add the protein powder before leaving it in the fridge if you're doing overnight oats? Or is it better with hot oats? Is there a good ratio of protein powder to oats and liquid?

Thanks for any help!

Replies

• Here's a simple hot proats recipe I do almost every day:

1/2 cup of quick oat mixed with 1 scoop of protein powder in a bowl
    Then I heat up a cup of water in a mug in the microwave then pour that water into the bowl containing oatmeal/proteinpowder. Mix and enjoy!
  • Christophe2Fit
    Christophe2Fit Posts: 26 Member
    I got 2 cups containers.
    I put my scoop in it, and the water
    ... to let say a liquid-ish consistency, then add the oats (quick or traditional, I avoid steel cut).
    Then I let seat overnight or at least 30minutes min it should get soft.
    You will learn how control the consistency overtime. It depends. The oats absord the liquid.
    I like it overnight best.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    my fav

LARGE bowl

⅔ cup oats

cocoa/cinnamon

1tbspn peanut butter & co (or 12g peanut flour)

pinch of salt

Add lots of water

nuke. When done should still be a bit runny.

Add 1tbspn peanut butter & co and let it melt in. Let cool for a few minutes. Then add 1 scoop of protein powder (mine is vanilla casein)
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Thanks all! I will have to give these a try. Appreciate the help! :drinker:
  • QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    bump
  • woodml1
    woodml1 Posts: 199 Member
    I actually like to eat it raw... I just don't like the consistency of oatmeal. That said, I keep it simple: 1 scoop protein powder + 1/3 cup of rolled oats + a bit of water to make it all stick together >>> nom nom

I once made the mistake of trying this with steel cut oats. It was a terrible idea.