Need Scale Recommendations!

Options
I need to purchase a new scale, however I know scale buying can be a little tricky. The last time I bought a scale, it was a burer and it sucked. It would fluctuate my weight by 3-8lbs! I need a good scale that I can buy at target or bed bath and beyond. Let me know which one you recommend! Thanks! :)

Replies

• Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    If I was going to buy a new scale from anywhere, Id get the fitbit one on Amazon, because it would wirelessly send my weigh in to fitbit and on MFP. But I'm a techy like that.

I've had a health o meter body fat scale for many years, and its been accurate and reliable. I would try to get that brand if you need to buy from Target =)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I have a Conair Corporation "Thinner." Bills itself as a digital precision body fat, hydration, and bone mass scale. Weight is bang on with my doc's scale, it won't let me cheat either by trying to move it around the floor to a 'better' reading. NO GO, if it doesn't read properly, it just flashes 'error'. It obviously isn't the be-all-end-all for body fat measure but I do know that it is very consistent and it doesn't throw random numbers out there. It's good for tracking over the long term. You can set up personal data stored in it for 10 different users so everyone in the family can keep track of their own wt, fat %, hydration levels, & bone mass. It takes age gender height and fitness/activity level into account. I think it cost me 50 bucks a few years ago, but it's probably cheaper now. Still works as well as the day I bought it. Measures to a tenth of a lb.

Just read the post below & I have to say that I can weigh myself 6x (I've actually tried this) leaning different ways etc and mine still takes the same weight reading, lol. I really can't cheat on this unless I lean on the counter or dryer while weighing. As long as I'm not touching anything I get the same reading. I know it works though, because if I weigh 5x before, then 1x after I take a pee or drink a glass of water, you can see the difference on the scale.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Wish I could help, but I'm just hanging out to see recommendations as well.

I have mid-range ($40) Health-O-Meter digital scale. I can get readings that fluctuate as much as 10lbs within a couple minutes. Ain't that much water retention in the world! :laugh:
    I have a level tile floor and place it in the same spot every time. If I lean slightly forward the weight is high, lean back and it's low, so I try my best to stand as straight/still as possible and just take the "middle" reading. I understand the physics of it all, but personally I feel that a digital scale should be accurate and precise regardless on how I'm leaning.