Why aren't I seeing any difference?

Options
2»

Replies

• RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Eeerm may I ask how much you weigh now? It's just that frankly I think if someone like you actually manages to lose 40lb's you will in fact ruin your good looks and end up resembling a skeleton.

I would assume she doesn't make her choices on how she wants her body to look based on the opinions (opinions, not facts) of random internet strangers.

Could possibly be better than basing it on the standards of anorexic catwalk models. I suggest you refrain from treating me like some kind of sleazebag because I a man dares to voice the opinion that women or men for that matter shouldn't ruin their health in pursuit of a dress or jean size. It's my opinion and she will make her own decision about what to do with it. She doesn't need you or me to make it for her. Giving an opinion is not being rude. Being rude would be for me to say that I think that the ribs sticking out of your chest make you look ugly. See the difference?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Eeerm may I ask how much you weigh now? It's just that frankly I think if someone like you actually manages to lose 40lb's you will in fact ruin your good looks and end up resembling a skeleton.
    Could possibly be better than basing it on the standards of anorexic catwalk models. I suggest you refrain from treating me like some kind of sleazebag because I a man dares to voice the opinion that women or men for that matter shouldn't ruin their health in pursuit of a dress or jean size. It's my opinion and she will make her own decision about what to do with it. She doesn't need you or me to make it for her. Giving an opinion is not being rude. Being rude would be for me to say that I think that the ribs sticking out of your chest make you look ugly. See the difference?
    What in the heck? You don't know how much she weighs because she didn't share that. A facial picture often does not tell much because some people don't gain a lot of weight in their faces but do gain in other parts of their body.

You are presuming.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    OP answers own question in first sentence of post.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    From what everyone has said, my weight loss amount is normal and I guess I'll just have to come to terms with the fact that I'm not going to lose this weight as quickly as I wanted. I also think I'm going to start switching up my workout a little more to give my muscles time to recover. I can't really help the lack of sleep thing though. I live in Phoenix where it's 100+ everyday so if I don't get up at 6am, it'll be way too hot.

6 am is an excellent time to wake up :)

stormyview, thank you!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    What in the heck? You don't know how much she weighs because she didn't share that. A facial picture often does not tell much because some people don't gain a lot of weight in their faces but do gain in other parts of their body.

You are presuming.

Not really. They did ask how much she weighs. As evidenced by this very thread, sometimes the OP can't or doesn't answer every question asked, so you may have to both ask a question and make your point based on an assumption at the same time.
  • jsg1739
    jsg1739 Posts: 4
    Options

I started at 160 and am currently down to 152. I set my goal at 40 lbs, but if I get the desired body before I hit that goal (maybe around 130-125ish) I may just try to maintain that. But I definitely don't think 120 would make me look like a skeleton. Maybe if I was taller, but I'm only 5'5".
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    JSG this post is pretty much similar to the one iv just posted ! Frustrating isn't it. Have a look at the comments on mine, I feel better already lol. Hang in there !

How? Everything about your account is private. There's no way to see your recent posts or how you setup your diary to solve the problem

I wasn't aware it was private, so no need for the narkiness thanks. First time posting in a long time.....and I got helpful and informative comments back. You should try it.

My bad. Let me rephrase my question. Your Highness, ma'am, I did a quick check and have not been able to find the post you just referenced on someone else's thread. There are actually multiple forums (not even counting groups) on MyFitnessPal. Would it be a lot of trouble to post the ****ing link, please, or provide some other path to the same?

LOL BOTH RUDE B******. CAN WE NOT BE RUDE TO EACH OTHER WOW.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options

I started at 160 and am currently down to 152. I set my goal at 40 lbs, but if I get the desired body before I hit that goal (maybe around 130-125ish) I may just try to maintain that. But I definitely don't think 120 would make me look like a skeleton. Maybe if I was taller, but I'm only 5'5".

Cool cool that sounds sensible since you are after a look and not some random number. Personally I think 120 might be a bit on the low side but that's just one mans opinion and like i said u don't have to care.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

You are presuming.

Not really. They did ask how much she weighs. As evidenced by this very thread, sometimes the OP can't or doesn't answer every question asked, so you may have to both ask a question and make your point based on an assumption at the same time.
    For goodness sake, this response is way too deep for me at this time of the morning. :bigsmile: :yawn:
  • photochik71
    photochik71 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 pounds two years ago....took me a year to lose it, but I've kept it off for a year and now I'm ready to lose the last 15. Seven pounds in two months is awesome! The tortoise always wins the race!