Has anyone else used losertown?

Options
http://losertown.org/eats/cal.php

It has a calculator on the site that tells you when you will hit your goal weight if you eat so many cals a day. is it efficient? because It says by eating 1200 everyday I could loose the weight and be at my goal by March 25! Check it out and tell me what you think.

*Edit - 12 as in 1200 cals lol

Replies

• maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't use it just because of the name - too negative. :laugh:

MFP Tells you that already, and gives you a HEALTHY amount of calories to eat while you're losing. That other site says you can get to your weight by eating TWELVE calories every day between now and March 25??? :laugh: :laugh:

Stick with MFP. Stay in your limits, exercise, and eat your exercise calories. You'll get there, and be able to maintain your healthy weight loss!

Good luck to you!

:smile: :flowerforyou:

EDIT: Okay, I fell for it and "clicked" it..... fishing for site counts? Trying to get some web traffic? If so, be up front about it..... people will click if they want to support..... :wink: :laugh: You got one sucker today! :yawn:
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure 12 cals is like...impossible. And You'll die. Just sayin.
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    I think the logic works, but it also assumes that all things remain the same... which I have found causes my metabolism to go on strike and refuse to work until I give it something new to keep it interested. :-)
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    The calorie thingy is there... you have to click around to find it. Oddly, it seems like most sites try to make that obvious because everybody loves to play with a calculator... this one doesn't. it is on an off page and only seems linked in the middle of a post. *shrug*
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    those calculators only do the math, there is no hardfast way to tell how much weight you will loose by a certain date except for get there and find out. What my body does with 1500-1600 calories is different than what yours or anyone elses will do with it. Its nice to play around with and think about, but nothing i would take to the bank ya know?
  • FutureMrsEssman
    FutureMrsEssman Posts: 81 Member
    Options

MFP Tells you that already, and gives you a HEALTHY amount of calories to eat while you're losing. That other site says you can get to your weight by eating TWELVE calories every day between now and March 25??? :laugh: :laugh:

Stick with MFP. Stay in your limits, exercise, and eat your exercise calories. You'll get there, and be able to maintain your healthy weight loss!

Good luck to you!

EDIT: Okay, I fell for it and "clicked" it..... fishing for site counts? Trying to get some web traffic? If so, be up front about it..... people will click if they want to support..... :wink: :laugh: You got one sucker today! :yawn:

What are you talking about? Thats an actual site you have to click on the side to find the calculator and its .ORG not .COM
    I'm not fishing you I'm generally interested. and its twelve HUNDRED calories lol. Who eats 12 cals a day?!!
  • Charlie001
    Options
    FFG was asking for information, not a scolding. Keep it clean.
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options

Good luck to you!

What are you talking about? Thats an actual site you have to click on the side to find the calculator and its .ORG not .COM
    I'm not fishing you I'm generally interested. and its twelve HUNDRED calories lol. Who eats 12 cals a day?!!

:laugh: I thought you were gonna eat lettuce, mustard, and carefree gum all day ! :laugh: :tongue: I thought 12cals seemed crazy lol
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    I put my stats in and checked the 5 week goal that MFP sets compared to this goal. It says I would meet the 5 week MFP goal in 4 weeks. Either way i'm happy if I get there in 4 or 5 weeks!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    THIS site will tell you also...just hit the Complete This Entry button at the bottom of the page each day. If you have eaten 1200, 1500... it will give you a projection of what your weight will be in 5 weeks eating that amount of calories. REMEMBER: It is ONLY a PROJECTION; We are HUMAN so NOBODY will likely meet those Projections SOOOO Do NOT get discouraged if you don't, just keep following your Plan!
  • YogaAli
    Options
    I like the calculator on that site. Thanks for sharing it! I was just last night looking at a calendar and seeing where I would be with two pounds per week. Fun, but I agree with the name losertown being a turnoff too.
  • SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I liked it too - it was interesting to see the calculation of where I'd be on my birthday or in a year from now :) Now if only weight loss was that perfect....
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    That is a cool tool! I will weigh 49 pounds in two years if I keep it up at this pace. LOL I know, it is just a tool...just thought that was funny. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • elsag73
    Options
    pretty cool calculator.....I like that is gives you dates. I use they bodybugg so meeting the calorie burn given should be easy to track.

Makes me think I could do a 1/2 Iron Man by August 2011 :)

Thanks for Sharing!!!!
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options

Good luck to you!

*opens mouth..... removes foot.....* *pauses* *removes the other foot from mouth* (impressed? at times I can fit BOTH feet in my mouth..... :wink: :laugh: ) I'm glad to hear you weren't suggesting the 12 calories per day (it's not unheard of with a few crazies around here), and apologize for being so rude about fishing for site counts or web traffic. It looked to me like that was the goal, but I should have known better when you have more than a post count of 3 and none of them are promoting the same site you listed today or some stupid diet pill/regimen/drink...... When I'm wrong.... I'm wrong. I apologize, FFG. :embarassed:

I do, however, stand by my original advice - stay with MFP, it really will serve you well. :smile: :flowerforyou: