Have Any of You Had Liposuction?

GreatDepression
GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
If so, what was your experience with it? There's something appealing to me about having fat cells permanently removed from my body, something that weight loss through exercise and diet cannot do.

Replies

• fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    There's still debates about gaining fat in weird places after having lipo. Wouldn't do it. Just lose weight the natural way, it's healthier for you anyway.
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    i am gonna do ANYTHING In my power to avoid any surgery ever.... so no...
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    It can be dangerous. I wouldn't do it.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    There's still debates about gaining fat in weird places after having lipo. Wouldn't do it. Just lose weight the natural way, it's healthier for you anyway.

This^^^ You know how some people aren't that big up top but have really fat ankles… like can't even wear normal pants big ankles… NOT ALWAYS… but sometimes it's due to lipo. Believe me, I understand the appeal! But things can go very wrong with it.
  • kezzola
    kezzola Posts: 65 Member
    I had it done under my chin about 5 years ago. I had a huge double chin - the family curse and now it's gone. Didn't have any problems with it but it was quite a small area that was done. Because of my age I have a bit of loose skin but it still looks heaps better than before.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,941 Member
    If so, what was your experience with it? There's something appealing to me about having fat cells permanently removed from my body, something that weight loss through exercise and diet cannot do.
    You do know that the body can manufacture new fat cells right? Also, just getting lipo say in the stomach area, then overeating and gaining weight may well leave a big "indention" area with fat bulging around it?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Co-worker got it done many, many years ago. He's now pushing 300 lbs again. He didn't change his lifestyle, so he wasted all that money, time, pain, etc.
  • kjarvo
    kjarvo Posts: 236 Member
    I had it done under my chin about 5 years ago. I had a huge double chin - the family curse and now it's gone. Didn't have any problems with it but it was quite a small area that was done. Because of my age I have a bit of loose skin but it still looks heaps better than before.

That's the place I would consider getting it done. I hate the fat under my chin the most. Losing weight naturally doesn't solve all problems, look at Kendall Jenner, she is really slim but has a slight bit of fat there. She would look ridiculous if she lost enough weight for that to go. I am not saying she should get it done by any means, far from it, but I mean losing weight doesn't solve all fat problems, move that fat to another place and you wouldn't notice the increase.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    My understanding is that it isn't meant to be used as a quick means of weight loss..it is meant for people who have excess, stubborn areas which haven't responded to diet and exercise.

Post baby, I've never been able to rid myself of my mommy tummy and I've looked into both a tummy tuck and lipo. I think the key is to work with a Board certified plastic surgeon (not just an M.D. who has had some weekend course).

I'm working on losing another 10 or so lbs, and increasing my weight training/cardio, but I wouldn't rule it out.