Working Healthy

Options
I am trying to get down to a healthy weight in a healthy way! I was very thin growing up (and probably suffered from an eating disorder), however through a combination of new medications, age, and actually eating, I have gained more weight than I am comfortable with. The last time I lost a bunch of weight I restricted my calories alot and worked out a couple of days a week. I got down to 139 and a size 8, which is probably unhealthy since I am 5' 10" and have a large, muscular frame. So this time I'm aiming for 155.

This time, I am spending time lifting weights at my University gym (I'm a PhD candidate), and walking my dog (if I get home before dark). Its been hard to get to the gym because I am a full time high school teacher as well as a PhD candidate. I'm still taking some coursework, and working on my dissertation proposal. I also umpire softball part time, sometimes up to 4 times a week.

Things are starting to calm down, so I'm going to be getting to the gym more often. I really want to lose at least 10 lbs by Christmas, and I want to be down to my goal weight by June. Hopefully I can do it this time, and not get sidetracked by stress!