What you do if you overate?

Options
Hi, I'm Husna. I'm a Malaysian. Just wanna ask. What will you do if you overate? Recently, I always, unfortunately, choose my food wrongly. In Malaysia, we eat white rice everyday. I've been trying to eat only a scoop of white rice, steamed fish, LESS oily foods, whole grain bread and low fat milk.

If I overate, I consume 1 litre of teamix (it's Herbalife's product) and 1 litre of plain water. As average, I drink 3 L water. I wanna have a body weight of 45 kg, as my height is only 143cm. I would love to hear confessions, tips and advice from you guys!

Replies

• splitdog79
    splitdog79 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I overate quite badly Friday. Like, I binged. Probably got near 4,000 calories (If I'm lucky). That being done, I fasted most of Saturday and had about 1,000 calories total and was very active. Sunday was Father's day and I had family over and my children, so I done goofed again. I'm trying to fast the entirety of the day today.

I figure the idea that our bodies operate on a 24-hour clock is just our imagination and that if I ate an excess of calories yesterday that my body can survive off of them today. Hopefully I'll be strong-willed today and just be fine with proper hydration. Hopefully I'll learn my lesson that the holes I'm trying to fill with food are naught but emotional.
  • dearannna
    dearannna Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If I make poor choices one day and end up way over my calories, the next day I just get back to my usual calorie goal as if it never happened. I don't want to get into a binge / starve cycle and plus if I cut back too much I'm likely to get really hungry and make bad choices again.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I wallow in self pity, move on, start again.
  • daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Fast the next day, but this isn't a proper way, it will become a cycle of yo yo dieting

I say dont change anything, approach the next day and do your normal routine
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I move on with my life. I'll try to fit in an extra zumba session or something to make up for it, but I don't fast the next day or anything. The occasional indulgence happens. It's not the end of the world. Maybe my progress will be slower for a few days, but I'll take a small delay over messing up my body or my relationship with food longterm every single time.
  • laurahadenough
    laurahadenough Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If I make poor choices one day and end up way over my calories, the next day I just get back to my usual calorie goal as if it never happened. I don't want to get into a binge / starve cycle and plus if I cut back too much I'm likely to get really hungry and make bad choices again.

This.. you will confuse your metabolism doing the binge starve.. and no fun at all either
  • TMM211073
    TMM211073 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    If I over eat one day I drink a plenty of water the next day, whilst eating with my normal calorie allowance - I exercise every day anyway, so I may (depending on what I ate too much of) increase my exercise a little as well.

Other than that, nothing, calories in verses calories out is not an exact science..... this has served me well and I have lost 147lb in 18 months.

xXx
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I try not to beat myself up over it! **** happens, right.
    I just move on- so I say to myself "starting RIGHT NOW I will eat better" instead of waiting until tomorrow because otherwise I might eat even more.
    I used to be eating disordered so I know all about the binge-starve cycle etc. It's SO not worth it!!
    And maybe kick up your exercise the next day!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I move on. The past 2 days I've been way over my goals, no big deal when you look at the big picture what is 2 days over? Now if it's a daily occurrence then you should look at why you are going over. But, if not go for consistency over perfection.
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I just eat less the next day
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I eat less the next day, or go for an extra work out. Last night I went for a run because I wanted oh so badly to have a piece of cake.
  • sarahd108
    sarahd108 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Like previous posters have said, drink lots of water the next day to help flush the system. Other than that, nothing. Keep to your calories for the next day, don't skimp or your body will definitely go into starvation mode, (big meal one day, near to nothing the next) confuses our system. Will have an even worse effect.

Allow yourself some treats now and again or this can keep happening. I also find it helps, but not always, to remember why I am doing this. Balance is key, as much as possible...
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    You guys have no idea how timely this is for me. Last night, the peanut butter jar and I had a "close encounter of the post-diary kind" and I woke this morning wondering how to handle it. Back to TDEE-20% today seems the consensus. Thanx, guys.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I overate quite badly Friday. Like, I binged. Probably got near 4,000 calories (If I'm lucky). That being done, I fasted most of Saturday and had about 1,000 calories total and was very active. Sunday was Father's day and I had family over and my children, so I done goofed again. I'm trying to fast the entirety of the day today.

I figure the idea that our bodies operate on a 24-hour clock is just our imagination and that if I ate an excess of calories yesterday that my body can survive off of them today. Hopefully I'll be strong-willed today and just be fine with proper hydration. Hopefully I'll learn my lesson that the holes I'm trying to fill with food are naught but emotional.

I read fasted most of saturday as FARTED most of saturday... lol
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Remember that next meal and day are new.
  • JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Remember that next meal and day are new.

Yepp, I would personally cut way back the following day but never eat below 1,000-1,200 calories because your body will go into starvation mode and make you hold on to more weight and burn less. Do exercise the following day and keep your metabolism going by keeping active. Drink a lot of water if you took an excess of salt the day before to get rid of bloat.
  • PandaFat2Fit
    PandaFat2Fit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I don't get too hung up on it. I usually weigh myself the morning after a "binge or cheat" day. That way I remind myself that I didn't mess up too bad. I'm not back to my original weight, I usually haven't even gained, so I remember that and carry on like normal. I pretty much have will power if I have already had a cheat day that week. .
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    i accept it, and move on. i might go exercise to get some of it off.. but i most definitely do not starve or fast. i go back to eating my set amount of calories and resume normalcy.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Log it, drink lots of water, and get back on track the next day.