I found my first gray hair!

Options
Now I'm going to eat myself into oblivion. Waaah, I'm getting old. This sucks! Where is that dang fountain of youth? Where is my 19 year old body? hell my 23 year old body? Heck i'd even settle for my 29 year old body.:cry::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Replies

• Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Now I'm going to eat myself into oblivion. Waaah, I'm getting old. This sucks! Where is that dang fountain of youth? Where is my 19 year old body? hell my 23 year old body? Heck i'd even settle for my 29 year old body.:cry::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    :noway: Put that food down! Now, run - don't walk - run to the nearest department store and start stocking up on hair color. That's the only defense you have. That one gray hair will spread the word to it's family and friends and they'll all join it. Are you still sitting there? Run I tell ya run! Good luck to you. :bigsmile:
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I'm only 28 and I'm already finding gray hairs :( Every time I go to get my hair cut, it seems like there's more. My Mom told me that my grandma was completely gray (almost white!) by 30!! AHHH!! I hope I didn't inherit those genes!!!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Try 14. :sad: I have had a grey patch right on front of my head since that venerable old age. Seems like (much like Greysweatshirt) I find more and more each time I get a cut also. Course, I don't care so much, as my Granddad said, 'it can turn colors, as long as it doesn't turn lose.' :laugh:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I found my first gray hair at 18... I stopped counting :ohwell:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    yeh, i've been coloring my greys since college... lol i got tons, but the women in my family go grey early.. we all have tons of hair on our heads, so long as it stays on my head, im happy... that's what alil box of reddish brownish mixture is for.. lol
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    well me and Light Golden Brown have been friends for a LOOOOOONG time:ohwell: ...lol

its not a sign of o' age....its a sign of intelligence!:happy: (I keep saying that why doesn't it make it feel better!!!) lol

I agree w/ your granddad Jeremy!!! lol:wink:

hugs!
    Ali
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Hey don't feel bad, I'm only 21 and I have MANY gray hairs. My great grandma was completely gray by the time she was 29...guess I'm expressing those genes:tongue: I dye it though, because I decided that 21 is just too young for the salt and pepper look!
  • bekahtraynor
    Options
    I'm only 26 and I teach third grade. I have a few gray hairs. I can tell you each child it came from too. :smile:
  • ali106
    Options
    I'm only 26 and I teach third grade. I have a few gray hairs. I can tell you each child it came from too. :smile:

:laugh: I can too...the big one I married! lol good one!
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I've had gray hair since I was 18. Hair dye is my friend :laugh:
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    At least you all have hair on your head to dye! (Now you know why cowboys REALLY wear hats!)
    Cowboy
  • ali106
    Options
    :
    At least you all have hair on your head to dye! (Now you know why cowboys REALLY wear hats!)
    Cowboy

aw cowboy:laugh: you're a hoot!!!!
    hugs!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Oh please, that's what Clairol is for! :wink:
  • Phatmomma
    Options
    Thanks guys I wish I had read these posts a few days ago and 3 lbs ago. I have been off line and tuned out in general since the gray hair incident. I think it was symbolic of the whole "this is NOT what I thought I would be or be doing with my life" thing. I'm working for the "man", counting the old dollar or rather a slave to the dollar and my retirement plan and all the things I swore I would never do or never be. Oh and I, the one who for all her reasons refused to stand for the pledge (with respect of course) went ballistic when I saw the flag laying in the trash can at my daughter's old school! I'm wearing sensible shoes and worst yet, sensible clothes! I'm complaining about the neighbors kid and his music, I'm writing letters complaining that the kids uniforms are way to short for Catholic school, and I'm lucky if I can put on a little cheap lipstick in the morning. And gasp-I'm driving a dang Buick! I want my hot rod back with the swivel seats!
    I can't remember the last time I've protested anything, saved a whale, or for that matter recycled since now I have to drive my recycleables to the neighborhood place. The last concert I went too was... heck I don't remember. The last time I left the US was over 2 years ago-my luggage has dust in the basement, I've turned into a total bore in my own opinion. A young guy went out of his way to hold the door for me, but this time I know it wasn't because of my looks, I think he was just respecting his elders :cry: Oh and the cherry on the old fart cake-I had to get glasses a couple months ago! GLASSES! O.K. I'm to young for a midlife crisis right? (hears the sounds of crickets chirping in the silence) RIGHT?!?!?!?!
  • Phatmomma
    Options
    Try 14. :sad: I have had a grey patch right on front of my head since that venerable old age. Seems like (much like Greysweatshirt) I find more and more each time I get a cut also. Course, I don't care so much, as my Granddad said, 'it can turn colors, as long as it doesn't turn lose.' :laugh:

Ha-ha but that's cute. I had a friend who had a birthmark in her head and the hair that grew out was grey. I thought it was so punk. But this, this grey is so NOT cute.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Thanks guys I wish I had read these posts a few days ago and 3 lbs ago. I have been off line and tuned out in general since the gray hair incident. I think it was symbolic of the whole "this is NOT what I thought I would be or be doing with my life" thing. I'm working for the "man", counting the old dollar or rather a slave to the dollar and my retirement plan and all the things I swore I would never do or never be. Oh and I, the one who for all her reasons refused to stand for the pledge (with respect of course) went ballistic when I saw the flag laying in the trash can at my daughter's old school! I'm wearing sensible shoes and worst yet, sensible clothes! I'm complaining about the neighbors kid and his music, I'm writing letters complaining that the kids uniforms are way to short for Catholic school, and I'm lucky if I can put on a little cheap lipstick in the morning. And gasp-I'm driving a dang Buick! I want my hot rod back with the swivel seats!
    I can't remember the last time I've protested anything, saved a whale, or for that matter recycled since now I have to drive my recycleables to the neighborhood place. The last concert I went too was... heck I don't remember. The last time I left the US was over 2 years ago-my luggage has dust in the basement, I've turned into a total bore in my own opinion. A young guy went out of his way to hold the door for me, but this time I know it wasn't because of my looks, I think he was just respecting his elders :cry: Oh and the cherry on the old fart cake-I had to get glasses a couple months ago! GLASSES! O.K. I'm to young for a midlife crisis right? (hears the sounds of crickets chirping in the silence) RIGHT?!?!?!?!

:indifferent: What? Oh, uhm...I mean, RIGHT!!!! :bigsmile:

:wink: :laugh:
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options

OK...I totally hear you there...I'm now 35, but have been teaching 3rd grade for 11 years! I just noticed the grays a few years ago, but I honestly feel like they have come from the kids!!! Not that I don't love them, of course, but I too, could probably name each child they came from! :wink:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I am 25 and have MANY gray hairs. My husband tells me not to dye it, and I haven't yet. Thankfully, I have lighter brown hair so it really blends in well. Black hair is the worst because gray shows up.

Anyway, I have a feeling I will be totally gray by 40. That's just a guess.
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I think i found my first grey hair back when I was 16...lol
    I have very dark brown hair and the greys show up fast! Thankfully at 28 I don't have a LOT...but I do have a lot for my age LOL
    Don't worry about it- that's why dye is for!! =o)))