I'm so frustrated!

Options
Okay people, I've been trying to watch what I eat and exercise everday.... and i do. I'm losing about 2 pounds a week. I know that's good because thats a healthy amount to be losing a week. I feel so trapped in this ugly body of mine, it frustrates me beyond belief. I'm trying to be heathier and look out for myself more but I'm having trouble coping with my slow body results. Has anyone gone through this? I want this feeling to go away so bad but it won't.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has similar thoughts when trying to change. Reaching out to others is good, and reading other peoples' stories and successes here lets you know it is normal to feel that way, and if you stick with it, you will have the results you want.

It's hard to see the results in yourself, because the changes are gradual. Take your measurements monthly, and set other goals too, like walking a faster mile, doing more situps, lifting more weight. Measure your success in these ways and you will always be proud of your accomplishments.

Hang in there! This too shall pass! :flowerforyou:

I know how you feel--you're doing the work, but you aren't seeing progress that you feel equals the effort. Just hang in there! I can't promise that it'll go away, but you'll get where you're going eventually, even if it takes a *long* time.
  • melodys_attic
    melodys_attic Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My progress was agonizingly slow at first. I never lost more than a pound a week for two months. One week I even went up a couple of pounds. And I really felt the "not eating" part of things. In all that time there were probably only a couple of days when I actually went over my caloric intake! I kept telling myself my body would wake up eventually and respond to the changes. Also, mfp recommends only losing a pound a week. But... Oooooh it was hard... Then, suddenly, the last two weeks it's been easier to eat within the calories and I've seen bigger numbers. I'm NOT hungry all the time. I even feel more energetic. So... change does come :D
  • danmullen
    Options
    2lbs a week is great! Think of it this way... if you lose it too quickly, the chances are you'll be losing muscle and not fat. Plus you're more likely to end up with loose skin. Keep doing exactly what you're doing. Looking at your ticker you have 64lbs to go... at 2lbs a week you could be at your goal by next summer! x
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Okay people, I've been trying to watch what I eat and exercise everday.... and i do. I'm losing about 2 pounds a week. I know that's good because thats a healthy amount to be losing a week. I feel so trapped in this ugly body of mine, it frustrates me beyond belief. I'm trying to be heathier and look out for myself more but I'm having trouble coping with my slow body results. Has anyone gone through this? I want this feeling to go away so bad but it won't.

there is a lot that goes into the journey of becoming healthier and happier. Part of it is mental and emotional. Often when an individual's body changes, the endocrine system changes too and that causes hormonal fluctuations which will definitely impact your emotional well being. Not viewing yourself as a wonderful, beautiful person because there is some excess flesh attached to your frame is emotional - it could actually be considered a rejection of who you are at your core. finding the things about you that you believe are special, wonderful, beautiful and then focusing on those things rather than the negatives would be to your advantage. In thinking all of the negatives, you are sending "stress" messages to the brain which then causes the brain to release excess and unneeded amounts of cortisol which actually will contribute to weight gain and deposit of fat in the cells.

So, I would recommend really looking at yourself - find the good, great, beautiful things about you. do you have beautiful eyes, is your laugh delightful? etc. focus on the things you like and others like and send healthy positive messages to your brain - it will likely help your overall view point and satisfaction about life.

Vickie
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    It is a slow process to get healthy. The closer you get to your goal the harder it is too. Our bodies are designed to hold onto what it's got, and it will fight tooth and nail to keep it. It is more than willing to help you GAIN weight, but not so helpful to lose it. I know I didn't get overweight in just a few weeks or months, it will take a while to get it off. My brain want's it gone NOW too. The "diets" I have tried in the past to get the weight off fast didn't work, and the weight came back ... plus interest. So I have come to the conclusion that I have to go at my bodies speed to get it off and KEEP it off. It is a lifestyle change that I will have to live with for the rest of my life in order to be healthy for the duration. Don't let your brain talk you into the "faster" methods,because the rebound is a real b!tch.

You can do this!
  • happy_angi09
    happy_angi09 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the support!
  • deblu
    deblu Posts: 44
    Options
    I have to say every time I lose any weight I get motivated because I know it's a process. Patience is key. I'm just glad I'm losing weight. Don't get discouraged you will get there.

2315934.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods