Heart Rate Monitor Help Please!

Options
Hey guys!

So, I REALLY want to get a heart rate monitor as i've heard they're really good and will tell me fairly accurately how many calories i'm burning etc. I just want a simple one. Just one that will tell me how many calories I have burnt doing various different exercises. The problem is... I know NOTHING about them and don't know where to start! like most people, i'd like it to be as cheap as possible! If possible i'd like to get one from argos as I get vouchers for there and could use those to buy it! I had a quick on the Argos website but that's just baffled me even more! 25 things come up and they range from £20 - £330!!! If anyone can help that would be great! Especially if anyone could have a look at the argos website and recommend a few!?

Thanks!
Muchos Amore!
Tinks
XxX

Replies

• Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    You get what you pay for. I am in Canada, so I don;t know Argos, but a brand that is really popular here on the site is Polar. I have the Polar FT-7, which comes with a chest strap for accurate monitoring of heart rate, and it is water resistant, so it can be used for swimming etc. I payed just over $100.00 CAD for it on Ebay, but not sure what it would go for in a store.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I'm hearing a lot of good stuff about the same product - Polar FT-7.

Currently, I have one by Sportline that doesn't require a chest strap. I bought it at Wal-mart for under $30. That's decent for starters.
  • Tinkaboo
    Options
    That helps a lot! The polar FT-7 is one of the ones in Argos that I was looking at! I thought it looked pretty good but I wasn't sure. It's about £90 so that's not too bad if I put some vouchers towards it!

Thank you!
    XxX
  • fitnessfoodtravel
    fitnessfoodtravel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I got a cheap one, a Polar A5 for $70 and it works great; I have had it for 3 years and replaced the battery once. My sister has an F7 and likes it; she paid about $100CAD for it. I do not recommend the Garmin Forerunners; too clunky, expensive, and inaccurate.