I'm ready to kick the weight!!!

Options
Hi everyone!

So I'm not a newbie however beforehand I only THOUGHT I was serious about losing weight... They say your road is up and down but until you are totally ready to lose it it won't happen.

Now I think I'm at that point.

I'm 26 5ft on the nose and currently weigh 215lbs. I had my son via c section 6 years ago and I weighed about 90lbs. Ever since then things seem to have gone down hill! I have since had my daughter (just turned 2 also a section)

I somehow managed to put on around 7-8 stone between having my son and then my daughter. While I was pregnant with my daughter I suffered with pretty bad morning sickness. I was 15 stone at 8 weeks pregnant and dropped to almost 11 by the time I had her.

I have since put on about 5 stone in the past 2 years. I wouldn't say I'm a horrible eater, I think it's more portion size rather than terrible eating habits! I also have a cola habit I am desperately trying to ditch! so that's my back story.

I am currently doing couch to 10k on my treadmill 3 days a week

Myself and my husband are restarting insanity tonight after life getting in the way and being unable to complete it last time.

I plan to do kettlebells - 8kg a few times a week and maybe a squat challenge.

Do you think I'm heading in the right direction work out wise?

I have asthma and struggle with the running aspect although that seems to be getting slightly easier and I also use the polar FT7 heart rate monitor.

I am well aware I have roughly 100lbs to lose and I'm willing to work hard to get there.

If anyone has any tips/ advice It would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• Harrisonsauntie2005
    Harrisonsauntie2005 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

So I'm not a newbie however beforehand I only THOUGHT I was serious about losing weight... They say your road is up and down but until you are totally ready to lose it it won't happen.

Now I think I'm at that point.

I'm 26 5ft on the nose and currently weigh 215lbs. I had my son via c section 6 years ago and I weighed about 90lbs. Ever since then things seem to have gone down hill! I have since had my daughter (just turned 2 also a section)

I somehow managed to put on around 7-8 stone between having my son and then my daughter. While I was pregnant with my daughter I suffered with pretty bad morning sickness. I was 15 stone at 8 weeks pregnant and dropped to almost 11 by the time I had her.

I have since put on about 5 stone in the past 2 years. I wouldn't say I'm a horrible eater, I think it's more portion size rather than terrible eating habits! I also have a cola habit I am desperately trying to ditch! so that's my back story.

I am currently doing couch to 10k on my treadmill 3 days a week

Myself and my husband are restarting insanity tonight after life getting in the way and being unable to complete it last time.

I plan to do kettlebells - 8kg a few times a week and maybe a squat challenge.

Do you think I'm heading in the right direction work out wise?

I have asthma and struggle with the running aspect although that seems to be getting slightly easier and I also use the polar FT7 heart rate monitor.

I am well aware I have roughly 100lbs to lose and I'm willing to work hard to get there.

If anyone has any tips/ advice It would be very much appreciated. Thanks

This posts scream to me someone who goes all in to quickly and then loses momentum/falls of the bandwagon.

Take it slow... Insanity + KB + C25K = Alot of work

Why not just do the running to begin with.. take some weight off over a few weeks then add the KB and once you have finished the running start insanity?
  • mummyjonno
    mummyjonno Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I expect the running thing will take a while. As I've said my asthma doesn't tolerate it too well. I am working on it however I don't think I'll ever be able to finish it. It's just something to do right now that isn't as boring as walking.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    weight loss is all about a calorie deficit. If you want to get rid of the weight that's all you need to do.

Now if you want most of that weight to be fat exercise helps with that.

But exercise is about helth and fitness...

Tips and advice. Set a reasonable weight loss goal, the goal should be to eat as much food as you can and still lose the weight you want...not starve yourself and lose faster.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

MFP will give you a calorie amount that includes a deficit to aid you in that.
    Choose a proper activity level when you are setting up your profile that does not include your exercise.

Log accurately which means everything...everything. Stay as close to goal as possible without going over. Weight solids on a food scale and measure liquids and choose correct entries...check the nutrional values before using them to make sure.

Do not give up your favorite foods, just eat reasonable portions of them. If you like soda fit it in...

If you are doing exercise log that and eat back at least 50-75% of those calories to fuel your next workout...

Remember weight loss is not linear...you will retain water due to new exercise, Time of the month or a night out at a resturant due to sodium. Don't stress it if you don't lose weight every week...or if you are up 1/2-2lbs if you weigh everyday.

If you are logging accurately it's water weight.

Find an exercise you like...that way you look forward to doing it.