I made the cauli-crust pizza!!

Options
So that was one of the most tastiest pizzas ever!! I used less cheese than the orignal recipe called for. However, I forgot to steam the cauliflower!! I shredded it and then mixed it up. It turned out great. I may try steaming it next time to see the difference, but it held together quite well this way.

Replies

• Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try that... hopefully next week some time.
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Is this the recipe?

You Won't Believe it's Cauliflower Pizza Crust

1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower**
    1 egg
    1 cup mozzarella cheese
    1/2tsp fennel
    1 tsp oregano
    2 tsp parsley

pizza or alfredo sauce
    toppings
    mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees farenheit.

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.

In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley.

Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes if you double the recipe).

Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese.

Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted.
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    That;s the one except I used 1/4 cup eggbeaters and only 1/4 shredded mozzarella.
  • Mari1969
    Options
    I made it this past weekend too. It was yummy! I only had trouble with eating it like a regualr pizza. I had to use a fork. But delicious nonetheless.
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    sounds so yummy cant wait to try it!
  • Hotbottom
    Hotbottom Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yummy : cauliflower Pizza, Im going to try it too.
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    That sounds interesting.......I may have to try that. Thanks for posting!
  • cleochatra
    cleochatra Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you like my recipe for cauliflower pizza (google alerts is my friend)! I have almost 200 other recipes at my blog here if you're looking for some more fun stuff! http://blog.yourlighterside.com/p/eats-recipes.html Definitely check them out! :^)

Now, re: the pizza, you have to so, so, so make sure to get out as much as the liquid as possible from the cauliflower or it really does act like a brat when it comes to hand holdability. When all is said and done, worst-case, you can sub out, say 1/3 of the veg and sub in Parmesan cheese for a little greater stability, but it does add slightly to the calorie and carb amounts.

I also love using zucchini for the crusts, but since that has even more water in it, it's even harder to make behave--still, it's definitely possible.

It's nice to meet everyone!

Fondly,
    Jamie
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    Jaimie,
    thanks so much for this recipe and I will be checking out your blog for more. It was so good and even my 10 y/o loved it. I didn't have too much of a problem holding it. Of course I forgot to steam the cauliflower first!!
  • cleochatra
    cleochatra Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well, the kids are the experts! When they like it, you know you're golden!

Thanks so much for friending me! I am so honored and look forward to getting to know you better.

Fondly,

Jamie
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    This recipe calls for one cup of riced cauliflower. How much "un" riced cauliflower does it take to get 1 cup of riced? anyone?
  • DawnOf1969
    Options
    I made this last night. YUMMY! I should've let it cook longer so that it was crispier but was afraid of burning it. But it was ok, I just folded each slice up into a little pocket. I will definitely be using it again. I need to get something to help squeeze the liquid out of the cauliflower though. My hands were dying after all that squeezing! Who knew cauliflower had so much liquid! Pics:

Before baking:
    1289435220.jpg

After baking:
    1289435242.jpg

After topping, just prior to wolfing it down!
    1289435254.jpg
  • katmil
    katmil Posts: 31
    Options
    That looks amazing!
    I have to try this!!!
  • DawnOf1969
    Options
    Oh and I did as suggested, only used 1/4 cup mozzarella in the crust and added a tsp or 2 of parmesan. Whole crust was 200 cals, with all my toppings it came to just over 400 cals. Considering Pizza Hut's Supreme Personal pan Pizza is almost 800 calories, I think mine was just perfect!

My toppings were: sauce, turkey pepperoni (8 slices) part skim mozzarella (1/4 cup), 1 sliced mushroom, black olives, green olives, spinach, and diced red, yellow, and green bell peppers.
  • JollyMolly72
    JollyMolly72 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just made this too! I used 2 egg whites, cup cauliflower, and a cup of mozzarella. It was really good! I put a pinch of salt but it doesn't need it. Also as a topper I used Smoked Sun Dried Tomatoes (California Sun-Dry) on top and they are amazing. I stir fried them with poblano chilis, fresh tomato, turkey pepperoni and red onion and threw it all on top before putting it back in the oven on broil. Amazing smokey flavor!!!
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    Yummy a must try for me!!!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    wow, that looks good! i can't wait to try it!
  • AmBriCo
    AmBriCo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    BUMP! Looks and sounds incredible!
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    This is brilliant! Thanks for sharing!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    oooh a way to get cauliflower into my food plan *wrinkles nose as usually detest it cooked* *LOL*
    looks yum!