I've got 1300 calories to blow, what should I do.

Options
I played 36 holes of golf today, burning close to 2000 extra calories. I had a nice breakfast, a big lunch, a good dinner, and even a little treat. I still am under by 1300 calories. What should I do? Splurge on something tasty, go to bed with a big deficit, or force myself to eat something healthy eventhough I am not hungry. I could go either way.

Replies

• tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I vote bed. Don't eat if you're not hungry.
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Its Friday night!!!! I think you should opt for a couple jugs of beer and wings!!! LIVE A LITTLE! :D
  • vhiarose
    vhiarose Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    But then what's that they say about "eating your exercise calories"? I don't understand that. Maybe you guys can explain it? I thought the idea was that if you exercise that means you are burning off fat and therefore losing weight. Doesn't that kind of go against what you're doing if you're putting it all back on?
  • HidyleDidyle
    Options
    If you're not hungry, take advantage and don't eat!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Not that, that's for sure(the it's friday night comment). Eat something healthy. Maybe an apple or some sort of fruit.
  • watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. It sounds like you ate all your nutrients today. If you are not hungry, don't eat, and take the 0.5lb loss!
  • turbojanem
    Options
    I vote bed. Don't eat if you're not hungry.
    i agree. when you know you are gonna be having a big burn, eat more. before, during and after. planning for big burns is as important as planing on going to a party. planning works.
  • guardup
    guardup Posts: 230
    Options
    The key here is to listen to your body. If you are not hungry and eating does not sound GOOD, then don't do it. However, there ARE times that I eat even when I am not hungry. This is because my nutrients are not where they need to be.

My primary focus is on Protein, Fiber, Calcium and Iron. I have no problem with vitamins since I eat healthy. But I need to do 100 grams of protein or more a day and that is not easy. Also, I am lactose intolerant... so milk products have to be planned when I have my Lactaid.

Fiber isn't usually an issue... but I prefer to do about 30% more than the USRDA recommendation. I notice it makes a big difference in how I feel. And I don't do a lot of red meat, so Iron isn't as readily available.

So at the end of the day I try to have a good 300-400 extra calories to consume and I use those to boost wherever my nutrients are lacking. If I am careful, I don't need a multi-vitamin. But sometimes I supplement with a specific singular vitamin since some multi's would put me way over on my daily dosage for a particular nutrient.

Meghan
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    PLEASE don't eat if you're not hungry! I have about 800 calories left, but I am only eating until I am full(eating dinner as I type lol). If I have ALOT of left over cals, I just eat a tablespoon of peanut butter. If you don't like it plain, put it on some celery.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    How'd you come up with the 2000 cals burned? That sounds pretty high......I'm just sayin.....
  • qwho
    qwho Posts: 157
    Options
    I agree, do not eat if you are not hungry. Look at it as a little added insurance for a day when you might go over
  • jsheph1
    jsheph1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody. Based on the number of votes I am taking those cals to bed.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Good for you!