Creamy chocolate pudding dessert

Options
jessmomof3
jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
I was looking through some old recipes and found one of my old South Beach Diet recipes that I used to make all of the time!! You could use whatever kind of pudding that you like or I remember making it w/ butterscotch pudding, pumpkin, and cinnamon also.

1 cup lowfat ricotta cheese (I used Frigo brand lowfat) - 60 cals/ serving
1 cup Blue Diamond almond milk (you can use skim or whatever you prefer)- 60 cals/ cup
1 pkg sugar-free Jello chocolate pudding (I used chocolate fudge)- 35 cals/ serving

Blend all ingredients together in blender. Let set in fridge for about 30 minutes. Enjoy!!

Makes 4 servings. Here is what I figured for calories per serving.

110 calories, 13g carb, 1g fiber, 4g fat, 7g protein

(I also added in 1/2 serving of chocolate Shakeology, so you could add in your favorite chocolate protein powder if you wanted it to be higher in protein!) You can also garnish w/ berries if you want!

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    This looks awesome! Adding protein powder to pudding is a great idea... Trying to figure out how to incorporate it into my diet after runs but not sure exactly how to use it. Thanks Jess! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    This looks awesome! Adding protein powder to pudding is a great idea... Trying to figure out how to incorporate it into my diet after runs but not sure exactly how to use it. Thanks Jess! :bigsmile:

You're welcome! It was yummy, just had some for my chocolate treat! :wink: I use protein powder (chocolate Shakeology) mixed in my yogurt, or just w/ almond milk. I also add it to my cooked oatmeal and some natural peanut butter. Yum yum!
  • Sarah101010
    Options
    Yum! How could not read a post with *that* title!? Sounds deeeelicious, thanks!
  • denisesilvius
    denisesilvius Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow that sounds wonderful. I am certainly going to try that. Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Yum! How could not read a post with *that* title!? Sounds deeeelicious, thanks!

It is... er was... delicious! It's gone now. :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Ok, so today I used the rest of the lowfat ricotta to make another pudding.

1 cup lowfat ricotta cheese
    1 cup Libby's canned pumpkin
    1 cup Blue Diamond almond milk
    1 pkg Jello sugar-free butterscotch pudding
    1 T. cinnamon + dash of pumpkin pie spice

Blend together and refrigerate. YUM!!!!!
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering about using almond milk as a substitute for regular milk when making pudding.... from the sounds of this, it works. But.... is the ricotta a crucial ingredient?
  • gnutrifitness
    gnutrifitness Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bump it!!!
  • julz68
    julz68 Posts: 16
    Options
    bump
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I've been wondering about using almond milk as a substitute for regular milk when making pudding.... from the sounds of this, it works. But.... is the ricotta a crucial ingredient?

You could use plain yogurt also, but the ricotta really makes it very creamy and adds good protein. Almond milk won't set up as well if you sub it, but it's good if you like a little runnier pudding! :)
  • denisesilvius
    denisesilvius Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    what I used to do a lot was take greek yogurt and instant sugar free pudding and mix it up at night. That was really good!
  • LisaAvasNana
    LisaAvasNana Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    yum can't wait to try both these recipes. I was telling my hubby that I needed to find some good recipes that the whole family could eat. We can't eat Lean Cuisine's all the time. When our 15 month old grand daughter comes over she needs something she's gonna want.
  • roseantoinette1
    roseantoinette1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! I've been wondering where I could use Almond Milk in recipes to help curb my appetite...as I've tried countless times to lose and just cannot seem to get motivated enough to stick to anything (I'm always hungry). It's so helpful to find recipes that don't make me feel like I have to "starve myself" in order to get going!
  • dot1212
    dot1212 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I was searching for an old South Beach recipe and found this one. Will have to try it next time.
  • tinabuggy
    Options
    bump
  • FitnessGal1983
    Options
    I used to like Stallone protein pudding for 100 calories and 0 carbs, but they stopped selling them. I found this Chocolate Protein Pudding recipe that's only 3 carbs. I make a double batch and store it in 1/2 cup Rubbermaid containers. http://bit.ly/X2WyU2
  • fox2star
    fox2star Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    what can you sub for tofu? ( can't eat the stuff!)...