What the heck?! Tootsie roll? Really?

Options
Holy crap.

A co-worker dropped of a tootsie roll mini on my desk as a happy friday treat earlier today. I was just about to eat it, but I hopped on here first to log it and it's 23 cals! What?! 23 cal for this little nugget that I wasn't even going to enjoy?! :noway:

Thank you MPF for stopping me. :heart:

Replies

• uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    Holy crap.

A co-worker dropped of a tootsie roll mini on my desk as a happy friday treat earlier today. I was just about to eat it, but I hopped on here first to log it and it's 23 cals! What?! 23 cal for this little nugget that I wasn't even going to enjoy?! :noway:

Thank you MPF for stopping me. :heart:
  • pauladavies86
    pauladavies86 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    blech. and I don't even like tootsie rolls either! I'll never have one again!
  • fynendandi1
    fynendandi1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    wow...... you are good..... I would have popped that tiny little morsel in my mouth so fast i would not have even thought about it until it was too late. Good Job!:bigsmile:
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    wow...... you are good..... I would have popped that tiny little morsel in my mouth so fast i would not have even thought about it until it was too late. Good Job!:bigsmile:

yup, what she said! i second it! :laugh:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    okay thank you for that tidbit!!! I will now put them on the not worth it list! :noway:
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Yeah, I ate a Hershey's kiss the other day without checking the calories first - found out later - 25. Not worth it to me. I'd rather have a real kiss!:blushing:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Wow - who'd a thunk it???

As an aside - for 13 more calories you can have 1 Premium Dark Chocolate Cacao Reserve by Hershey's Truffle. 36 calories in a nice little scrumptious chocolate package - they come 8 in a tin. Plus they keep me away from the donuts after lunch!!
  • 5KNohno
    Options
    Wow - who'd a thunk it???

As an aside - for 13 more calories you can have 1 Premium Dark Chocolate Cacao Reserve by Hershey's Truffle. 36 calories in a nice little scrumptious chocolate package - they come 8 in a tin. Plus they keep me away from the donuts after lunch!!
    Thanks. :smile: I've seen those, but never gotten them. I love dark chocolate though, so I'll have to get some.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I love love love tootsie rolls!
    I would have popped it in my mouth the a previous poster..... great self-control!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Yeah, I ate a Hershey's kiss the other day without checking the calories first - found out later - 25. Not worth it to me. I'd rather have a real kiss!:blushing:

Awww yeaaaahh! Muah!:smooched:
  • 5KNohno
    Options

Awww yeaaaahh! Muah!:smooched:
    :smooched: :blushing: Thanks.
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    Thanks everyone. The old me would have eaten it without a second thought.

Seriously though, not worth 23 cals at all. :noway:

I really couldn't be doing what I'm doing without this site.