My Maintenance Pledge

Options
My Maintenance Pledge

I pledge: To not forget how long it took me to come to the decision to go on a diet, or how long it has taken me to lose the pounds I have lost to get where I am now. Slimmer, healthier, happier.

I will strive to continue to eat as healthily as I can every day, while still enjoying my life and the foods I love. (Including, sometimes, the ones that are not good for me, in moderation.)

I will not forget that these changes were made, not just for a short period of time, but for the rest of my life.

I have learned that overeating, even by just a little every day, can add up to extra pounds over a period of time. I will be vigilant and accountable.

(written by me 11-5-10)

Replies

• poarche
    poarche Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    wow!!! this is awesome can i keep it and read it when i want another sweet treat?! thanks for more inspiration!
  • qwho
    qwho Posts: 157
    Options
    Of course you can, I love knowing I can be a small part of someone else's success.

I think maintenance is all about continuing with what got me to this point, continuing to record my meals, weigh my food, and not forget what it took to make it here, so that I won't have to go thru this again.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I am also borrowing it, enlarging the print & taping it to my bathroom mirror & fridge.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Bump. :) Thank you for sharing with all of us.
  • qwho
    Options
    I am also borrowing it, enlarging the print & taping it to my bathroom mirror & fridge.

awesome!
  • qwho
    Options

you're welcome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!