I can't believe it!

Options
2»

Replies

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh produce. My 1/4 avocado might be bigger or it might be smaller. It's all an estimate. As long as sometimes you're over and some under, it's good enough for me. The 2-3 avocados I eat a month aren't going to make or break my diet.

You guys really weigh ONION? 1/10 of an onion is like 6 calories. I probably wouldn't even log it.

yup but those of us who choose to weigh our food do so for accuracy so we don't have to come to the forums and ask why we aren't losing weight to be told that we are probably eating more than we thing due to inaccurate logging.

Produce could mean fruit too...you would be surprised at the differences...but if it's good enough for you great...

I wasn't asking why I wasn't losing weight I was just shocked at the amount of cals!

Then I have people jumping in saying weigh it ie demanding me to weigh it.

That is just a generalization of what usually happens. If weighing food properly then you would not be surprised at the amount of calories you just ate.

Its just advice.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Don't eat salad. Problem solved.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Don't eat salad. Problem solved.

Replace with Bacon.

tumblr_mynbvjaERX1qih40no1_500.gif
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I think you accidentally a word
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh produce. My 1/4 avocado might be bigger or it might be smaller. It's all an estimate. As long as sometimes you're over and some under, it's good enough for me. The 2-3 avocados I eat a month aren't going to make or break my diet.

You guys really weigh ONION? 1/10 of an onion is like 6 calories. I probably wouldn't even log it.

Yes! I do weigh an onion. I weigh bell peppers. I weigh spinach. I weigh romaine. I weigh everything because I eat a lot of produce. 6 calories here and there and everywhere really add up.
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

Then I have people jumping in saying weigh it ie demanding me to weigh it.

making a suggestion is hardly 'demanding'. i was actually just trying to be helpful...

That wasn't aimed at you as you said I suggest it was the person actually telling me to weigh things. Sorry if any offence was caused it really wasn't directed at you.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I weigh everything to the gram. I was stuck in the same 2-4 lb range for a couple of months and started to weigh every. little. thing. Dropped 4 lbs.

My typical lunch salad on a work day: 100 g bell pepper = 30 cals, 70 g sugar snap peas = 30 cals, 20 grape tomatoes = 45 cals, 90 g mini cucumber = 15 cals, 110 g baby carrots = 40 cals, 80 g baked chicken breast = 125 cals, 2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette = 100 cals. Total cals 385...160 of that is just vegetables. They add up!
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    This wasn't about weighing food or not losing weight just shock that's all!
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I was referring to the post by the person who doesn't weigh produce.