Pets

Options
2»

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Four kitties, all of which are on my profile - including some no longer with me.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Two kitties:

Panda, an orange tabby we adopted in 2000 when she was probably 6 months old. She is just a funny cat, definitely moody (read: cranky) and takes a while to warm up to you. But she is so sweet and cuddly when she feels like it - usually she will talk me into sleeping late on Sundays just because I can't bear to move her when she's being so snuggly. She is a bit of a tubster so we only feed her at night - otherwise she will whine, bang doors, shred paper, paw at my face, bite my ear, etc etc in the morning so I will feed her! :laugh:

And Lucky, a neighborhood black cat we adopted about a year ago. She's probably about 3 years old. We actually know who her original family was, and took her back to them after putting a collar on her with our phone number. But they really didn't seem to care much about her, and didn't even take the collar off! She was always hanging around, even though we didn't feed her - she just wanted love! So, eventually, we caved. She and Panda do NOT get along, unfortunately - they are always swatting at each other. She's a total sweetie with us, but watch out for those claws - she likes to KNEAD your stomach or lap, so we have to wear lots of layers!
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Aw, I can't go back and edit my post now?! Oh well, now pics in there for me. Thanks for the coding help though. :wink: Every site is different!

Yay for aminals! :flowerforyou:
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I have two kitties: Serendipity (who showed up at work as a screaming 6 week old kitten just a few days after I bought my house) and Monster (who is responsible for my new shower doors and laptop computer - hence, her name!).

Both are tabbies - Dippy (lives up to that name) is a grey and black striped tabby with just a hint of orange, making her a calico-tabby. Monster is an orange tabby - a rare-ish female orange. Usually, they're male - or so I've been told.

Both are under 2 years old and are lovely little friends! :smile:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have a golden retriever named Sierra and a puppy cat (he follows me around like a puppy.) I'm really more of a dog person, but the cat belonged to my daughter until her roomate was allergic, so I took the cat for her. Pictures of my pets are on my profile.
  • BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    Options
    I have a momma Chow-Lab (Princess Blackberry)-10 years old and her "baby" (Princess's Jewel) who is 8 yo. Jewel is dumb and broke her hip/leg when she was a puppy (playing road tag with a truck)- she limps but I have seen her jump straight up in the air and catch a bird as it flew by.:glasses:

I have a Calico named Belle who is 9 yo (queen of the house) and Kimmie the grey long haired 2 yo kitten who follows my husband around like a puppy.:noway:

Outside in a 200 gallon pond is Lewis, Jack and Jessica our Red Eared Sliders- Lewis is about 5 inches in diameter as our biggest. Jack is just a little bit smaller and Jessica is the smallest. There are also 5 goldfish- 2 were feeder fish that got away last year and are now 4 inches long and 3 that are left over from a batch of feeder fish from last week. We think that there are 2 algea eaters down in the bottom but who can see?:tongue:

I also have 3 teenagers and about a dozen Girl Scouts running around the place.:bigsmile: