What are your favorite mottos for keeping motivated?

Options
DJ7203
DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
Right now mine are.......

What's more important: The way that cookie tastes or the way I look naked?

Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret, it's your choice....

Happy Monday!

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    mine is probably one of the more common sayings you'll hear around here;

losing weight is hard,
    maintaining weight is hard,
    staying fat is hard,
    choose your hard.
    if i feel a binge coming on or if im tempted to skip a workout i just think of this and it seems to put my mind at ease, knowing that its hard for everyone but you have to pick your battles. battling obesity is something that i never want to do again
  • Cookieman123
    Cookieman123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I want to be a serious actor.
    I want to see a beautiful woman naked in person and not on red tube.
    I want to like, you know not die and stuff.

Keeping it simple.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Mine is simply I carried 3 babies for 9 months each so if it took that long to grow a bump and gain weight it wont be lost overnight 1 day at a time
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    "I can and I will"--it covers all the bases for me and it's simple. When I was running the Baltimore Ten Miler on Saturday and really struggling, I kept repeating that phrase over and over and it kept me running right up to the finish line. :smile:
  • WreckaRed
    WreckaRed Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Trophy Wife! Sexy mom!
    I am just an everyday stay at home mom in Iowa, but it's fun to think of being that sexy wife/mom!
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    These are all so great so far, thanks for sharing with me :happy:
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    If you want something you've never had, you gotta do something you've never done - Unknown
  • rachel865
    rachel865 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    "I can and I will"--it covers all the bases for me and it's simple. When I was running the Baltimore Ten Miler on Saturday and really struggling, I kept repeating that phrase over and over and it kept me running right up to the finish line. :smile:

^^^ This! I have it as the lock screen / background on my phone so I see it multiple times every day. More than once just seeing it reminded me of my goal and motivated me to do a little more that day.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    If you want something you've never had, you gotta do something you've never done - Unknown

So true . I like this one
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I lift this now so I can give you the Prince Oberyn tomorrow.
  • joyful_fit
    joyful_fit Posts: 25
    Options
    Bump to read for later!
  • heather_hearts_travel
    heather_hearts_travel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Two that help me when I'm struggling:
    If you want to stop starting over, stop giving up.
    A year from now, you'll wish you'd started today. (modified: you'll wish you hadn't given up today!)

When I'm exercising:
    If it's worth the time to do, it's worth the effort to do it well.
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    muscle isn't built with magic workouts or rep ranges.
    Its built with hard work and consistency

No one can defeat me unless I first defeat myself
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big motto person but Vince Lombardi has some great ones:

I firmly believe that any man’s finest hours – his greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear – is that moment when he has worked his heart out in good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle – victorious.

Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don’t do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.

The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Don't really have one...just knowing I am still fat gives me enough to go on...
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

^^^
    THIS!!

Love this one!!

"I can and I will"......I may add this to my profile!! Thx!
  • amykay9377
    amykay9377 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Okay, my motto is a bit unconventional, but let me explain the backstory:

I weigh 215 pounds, I'm an ex-smoker (15 years) and have EIA. I was doing my first half at Disney in 2013 (the Princess) and had been behind pace since Mile 7. The balloon ladies were gone, and the bike guys were threatening hard sweeps (i.e. "you have 5 minutes to get to Mile 9"). I made it past Mile 9, and I had only a few minutes to get to the overpass at Mile 10. As I came up to Mile 10, there was a bus there (the sag wagon). I pulled up beside it and it dropped in gear! I passed it, and was thus safe from being swept. I went on to finish the half with a pathetically respectable time of 4:12:32.

And what was the mantra? Well, on my left foot I would say "Mother..." and with my right foot I would say..... well, you know what word follows!

It got me through three of the HARDEST miles I've ever done in my life, and when I'm pushing myself hard in a race, or doing speedwork or whatever, that is the first thing that comes out. "Today I do" is all well and good, but you can't beat a good curse word, especially when it means so much!
  • CCSavage88
    CCSavage88 Posts: 191
    Options
    -Eat to be fit, not skinny

-Ignore the demons that were once feeding you
  • joansjourney
    joansjourney Posts: 110
    Options
    The only person you need to be better than.. is the person you were yesterday.

You can choose to get bitter or better.. I'm choosing to get better everyday.

The only bad workout is the one that didn't happen. (I remember this when I only have time to do 15 minutes of activity)

And my personal all time favorite:

IF I QUIT NOW, I WILL SOON BE BACK TO WHERE I STARTED AND WHEN I STARTED I WAS DESPERATELY WISHING TO BE WHERE I AM NOW.
  • kristysaurus
    kristysaurus Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have "Tuum Est" tattooed on my arm. It means "it is yours" or "it is up to you"

That is my inspiration for life in general but it still rings true for weight loss.