Lifting Advice Please

Options
Jenky85
Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
Hi all,

I've been doing Stronglifts 5x5 for nearly 4 months now. I was living at my parents so had set up my equipment in their shed (squat rack, bench, bar and plates) but I've now moved into my own flat. The only problem is it is teeny tiny and I've had to leave my equipment back home. I had a look at some local gyms today but they're so expensive and busy...it annoys me to think I'll pay all that money then struggle to get my workout done without waiting for ages.

My question is, I can in theory go home twice a week to use my weights at my parents, it's a 30 min train away. However is twice a week enough? I work full time in central London and I just can't imagine being about to go back more than once in the week and once at the weekend but am I waste my time lifting just twice a week? I'll be combining it with a couple of runs as well which I can do in the park near my flat.

Also if I am only lifting twice a week should I consider a different program to Stronglifts? Maybe a more intense program? Or maybe add some extra lifts?

Thank you in advance :)

Replies

• ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    You can still get great results lifting only twice per week. You won't get the same results as 3x per week, but it definitely won't be a waste of time.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    You can still get great results lifting only twice per week. You won't get the same results as 3x per week, but it definitely won't be a waste of time.

+1
  • rick_po
    rick_po Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    If you're so inclined, a 2-a-week strength program pairs well with training for some other sport. Take up running, or tennis, or bicycling, or just about anything else.
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Glad to know I'll still get some benefits :)