Bottled Water folks

Options
muth3rluvx2
muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,154 Member
For those who love their bottled water (ie: Evian, Fuji, Arctic Spring, etc etc etc), I've just gained a new learning and although many may already be somewhat aware of this crises, many probably aren't. I sure haven't been. Watch this YouTube video for more information.

I'm absolutely horrified and I'm trying to figure out how I can get my diet soda in something other than plastic. And I am going to try even harder to never go into a grocery store without my recycled bags instead of using plastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnUjTHB1lvM

Replies

• Want2bHealthE
    Want2bHealthE Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'll watch the video in the morning since hubby is asleep and the earphones are at the gym... but I just wanted to give you props for posting this and making a decision to strive for more sustainable living. I learned a lot about corporate water control and the urgent need for clean FREE water sources while living abroad for three years and traveling to many places where drinkable water comes at a high price. This is also directly connected to the amount of plastic we are using. Perhaps when you have a soda craving you could bring a thermos to a place where you can purchase it fountain style? I don't buy soda and I have switched to tap water... I carry a thermos with me all the time and when I splurge on a coffee or something, I ask them to make it directly in that. I still get people who role their eyes with my thermos request or when I hand them my re-usable canvas bags, but that is happening less and less thanks to folks like you who are getting the word out there! Good luck on your goals to live healthy and sustainably!
  • dresdenkali
    Options
    Well there are options... stop drinking even diet soda :P Recycle or get cans. Typically for me I try and go the recycling route. I don't usually go for bottled water unless we are on a trip, but instead I have an RO-DI system that I fill up a couple of sports bottles at a time to have for when I work out and my pitchers of Drink mix when I want something flavored.

However at times, you end up with plastic bags, bottles or the can holders, those I separate out and recycle.