Is it okay to miss my workout twice in a row?

Options
2»

Replies

• kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. I took a rest day yesterday and gained four pounds overnight. I'm not going to be doing any rest days for awhile.

that's not how it works...

are you sure she isn't being facetious?
    I'm pretty sure
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I didn't workout because I was studying and today I have so much studying to do that I think I might have to skip today two, But today I ate two mini chocolate bars and the guilt is killing me. Is it okay to skip today even though I ate those bars? (They were 138 calories total)

I think the bigger issue is that you feel guilty about eating 2 mini chocolate bars at 138 calories total. You shouldn't feel guilty about eating anything. 2 chocolate bars aren't going to undo your progress unless you eat them all day every day. Last week I ate 3/4 a pint of Talenti Hazelnut. I didn't feel guilty, I went over my calories, and I was okay. In fact I weigh less this week than last week.

If eating food, even chocolate, makes you feel guilty you may need to re-evaluate your relationship with food.

QFT
  • SarahxApple
    SarahxApple Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Since you didn't get unfit/fat from 2 bad days, no it doesn't matter that you miss it twice.

I would agree with others and suggest that you may feel better (about yourself and therefore your studies)if you try and fit something in, but what do you think happens when people get sick?
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Two rest days won't hurt but it may be harder to get back into a routine.

I also think that a study break is probably needed. I used to take study breaks and go for a brisk walk. It helps clear your mind. I actually do this at work too. If I am getting stressed or overwhelmed a quick 15 minute walk clears my head and I can tackle work easier.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I didn't workout because I was studying and today I have so much studying to do that I think I might have to skip today two, But today I ate two mini chocolate bars and the guilt is killing me. Is it okay to skip today even though I ate those bars? (They were 138 calories total)
    No you'll turn into a pumpkin!!!!

Think logically is two mini bars of chocolate going to put you more than 3500 calories above maintenance level? As that's what you need to gain a pound in real weight (not water weight)
  • joansjourney
    joansjourney Posts: 110
    Options
    I wouldn't. I took a rest day yesterday and gained four pounds overnight. I'm not going to be doing any rest days for awhile.

Haha! I just travelled from Texas to Iowa and back this weekend and I'm up 3 lbs from Friday. I realized that I didn't exercise on Saturday and Sunday but I was on the road so I ate a bunch of high sodium food. And even though I did go over my calories it wasn't over 11,000 so I know I didn't truly "gain" those 3 lbs. I agree give it a few days and your weight should go back to normal.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    The answer is obviously yes :)

when people ask something like this, it seems to me that they have the mindset that this is really a short term thing.

If you have the mindset that excercise and being health is an ongoing process throughout life, it becomes obvious that, when necessary, its not the end of the world to skip a work out.

or two, so long as you come back to it

this is a great answer- not only does it answer THIS question- but also encompasses the fact that many programs only run 3-4 days a week and involve a 2 day rest by nature of the program.

Many also include a rest WEEK prior to a competition or what not.

This speaks to the other side of "long term"... the goal becomes the focus- not just the individual work out day to day.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options

Wow.............ok...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Wow.............ok...

dayum- how did I miss that post. that's a gem.

<facepalm>