staying on track

Options
I did horrible this week. My husband was home from work and we ate out a ton. Its nobody's fault but my own but its so hard to say no when he suggest all this delicious food lol. How do you guys stay on track? I also find it hard to log food with my 6 months old. I feel like I just don't have the time to put recipes in and calculate the calories. Any suggestions to make this easier or just to stay on track? I really do want to lose the weight and i've been working out 5-6 times a week.

Replies

• aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Make it a habit. Before I eat it, I log it. Period. You have to make time. This is a process and in order for it to work, you have to input the information. I know it's hard but it depends on how bad you want it. If you make the time to cook and eat, make the time to log it.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Maybe when your baby is a sleep and your are not sleeping too, pre-log for the next day or couple of days. I find it a lot easier for me to stick to my diary when I log days in advance. Like I already logged today and my sister wants to go to happy hour for a drink and free nacho bar at Chuy's. I have to decline cause it just will not fit. I mean I could maybe make deletions, but if I do that I will put what I would have in ahead of time and stick to it. If it is too hard to do it on here, maybe keep a pad and pen next to the kitchen. Eat some of the same things and just save the meal, so you can just select it.

Honestly though I know it is hard with a new baby, but if you really want to lose weight, you have to take a few minutes out of your day and just do it. I was able to lose a lot and track when my son was sleep, in his pack n play playing, or just sitting in his rocker.

You can workout 5-6 times a week, but knowing how many calories you are putting in your mouth is more important. Calorie deficit is for weight loss. Not so much the workout.
  • MrsMajor87
    MrsMajor87 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I know I have to log the food to lose weight, im not trying to make excuses with that or make it seem like I only have to work out. I used to log my food and lost like 20 pounds doing it a few years back. It was just SO much easier then when I wasn't a mom. I barely get my workout and shower in during her morning nap. Even today she woke up while I was working out and I had to pause to calm her down. It is what it is, this is a part of parenting.. I just was hoping some moms would have advice on how they get their food log done everyday lol. I know it works and I want to do it I just find myself getting overwhelmed. I'll try logging in advance the night before when she goes to sleep.