Need some advice, can't seem to lose..

Options
2»

Replies

• missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    My advice buy a food scale and log those recipes you make.

It appears like you may be over eating at dinner (but how do i know?)

Is your advice based on this comment by the OP?

"(I follow these numbers very strictly, counting, weighing my food ect)"

So you suggest that she buys another food scale?

Sorry I did not see her say she weighs everything. But her comment usually around 600 calories is what caught my eye.

Obviously something is off THAt was my point
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I was similar to you I dropped my goal to lose 0.5lbs a week and what do you know im back on track. every body is different but I have trialled and errored a lot until I found what worked ive increased calories and decreased then increased and right now this is the highest my calories have ever been yet im still losing , it is slow but since ive increased I haven't gained.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Although Smart Ones and other diet type options are low in calories they are extremely high in sodium for the amount you get. Could be water weight from the sodium.
  • klaff411
    klaff411 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    OK, little back ground information first: January 2014 I started a weight loss journey. I did exceptionally well. Followed my calorie guide via MFP, worked out doing zumba 3 times or more a week ect. I ended up losing around 23-25lbs in 3 months. I then fell off the wagon :/ I didn't fall off to bad though, just stopped working out, and didn't follow the guideline on calories. However I didn't go into a binge or anything. I maintained my loss for the most part, I gained back like 5lbs but it fluctuated a lot. But never gained more than 5lbs. So anyway that went on for about 2 months, basically maintaining. I just recently started back on my calorie guide and back to working out, same as before. The problem is, I can NOT seem to get past my current weight. I fluctuate between 162-164 and am NOT losing anything at all. It is beyond frustrating because I am doing the same things as before that made my weight loss so successful. I know my food diary has "holes" in it, but I eat pretty much the same thing everyday.

MFP has put me back on *1300 calories per day*
    Mornings: bowl of oatmeal (130 calories)
    Lunch: A smart one or lean cuisine (nothing over 300 calories)
    before dinner: a snack of 100 calories
    Dinner: I make a lot of different meals for my family but usually nothing over 600 calories
    bed time snack: usually a small 100-200 calorie snack.
    (I follow these numbers very strictly, counting, weighing my food ect)

I drink nothing but water, all day everyday. I never picked soda back up. So that didn't change. And yes when I do exercise I do eat back part of those calories like before. My question is why can I not get past this. I figured since I took a break my body would pick losing back up with no problem. I have been back on track for about 2 weeks now and not even a single lb has been lost. Any advice on things to try or do would be greatly appreciated because at this point i'm feeling a little sad and un-motivated. I started at 180lbs, got down to *157 and currently am *162 and can not get past this point. Im set to lose 1lb per week. Thanks in advance for the advice!!

first stop eating that lean cuisine ****. Do you know how bad that crap is for you? its all salt and additives

second stop snacking

third ..drink water and only water - only exception coffee or tea
  • vjom
    vjom Posts: 2
    Options
    Try increasing your meal protein content and decrease the carbohydrate content while maintaining the same calorie intake. Proteins take more of body easily accessed energy sources (fat) to burn than carbohydrate. Carbohydrate heavy diets even though low in calories mean the body has access to energy sources other than body fat and the fat you are trying to loose remains where it is..,. on you. Protein is also more hunger satisfying than carbohydrate which sends your blood sugars higher causing you to be more hungry and more likely to fall off the diet wagon. A scale for weighing your food will tell you if you are actually eating the amount of calories you think you are and keeps you honest.