6 Month Progress

Options
Asherah29
Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
I've been sort of back and fourth about whether or not to post this. The original pictures I took were simply for my own purposes and never intended to make it to the forums, or any public place, but as time goes by I find I'm rather proud of my progress and want to show off! (Y'all can forgive a bit of self congratulations right?)

I'm six months into getting back into old habits and in shape. I was never a heavy or overweight person but I had the usual sob story of what happened to make me spiral into a depression and some serious weight gain. I'll let you spin your own tale as to what the usual sob story is, anything you make up will ultimately be more interesting than what I have to say. Certain medications played their part as well.

Anywhoo the whole point of this is I hit rock bottom and realized if I didn't make a drastic change in my recent habits I was headed quite quickly for a life of little happiness and few rewards. So I got determined and took my life back into my own hands, no more excuses. I dropped ten pounds as soon as I started. This was entirely due to stopping the medication (on doctors orders) that was causing me so many issues. My before pictures on the bottom were taken after those first ten pounds were gone and I decided to start progress pictures. That was in January and between then and now I have only lost 2 more pounds. That's right, the difference between my starting picture and my current picture is only 2 pounds. Unless the scale will go on with this next pound, that has been mocking me with its fluctuations, by consistently showing it as a loss three days in a row. I have however lost a lot of inches. Hips went from a 43 - 40, waist 33 - 29 1/2 and the bust from a 38 - 33, but no worries about the loss of boobage, I still manage to clock in at a 32G... 0_0

Now stop here, this is me in an utterly unflattering bikini that I chose to use for progress pictures because it fit perfectly at one point. There are sags, waves and bumps that are, ultimately, probably not very safe for work-ish. Proceed at your own cautiously determined risk.

d671e8e3-4d9d-4ed0-a817-1b63017766e4_zps1ed1be32.png

I'm not done, I really hope to get back into the kind of shape I was in before. Its taking a long time, but I'm happy with the progress I'm making. Workouts are cardio (3 + walking/running miles every other day) and strength (yoga, 30 day shred, kettlebell) on altering days. Starting weight 165 - current weight 153. 5'9" small frame. Pear shape

Don't get frustrated and quit if the scale isn't showing the progress you would like. If it takes a while then it takes a while, so what! Your health and fitness shouldn't be a diet, it should be a lifestyle. Take progress pictures and don't make excuses! I work full time, I go to school after work, I have a young child at home, I write in my spare time, and am working on starting out a young horse to ride. My point here is that if you are serious about it, if you want to get in shape that you will find time to do what needs to be done. And ladies, if you take nothing else from this post, listen to this one thing... Don't forget the squats!

Oh and check out those collarbones, totally have collarbones, haven't seen those suckers in a while!

Replies

• kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!
  • Asherah29
    Options
    Thank you both! :)
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Congrats, my friend! Be glad you got on top of this while you are still young (very young, compared to me!). Just imagine how hard it would be if you waited a couple of decades to begin your health and fitness odyssey. You took the bull by the horns and showed who's boss! Now just stay on top of it and enjoy your long healthy life. ;)
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Well done and congrats on the commitment to success!
  • Asherah29
    Options
    :) I sure am trying to stay on top of it! Everyone says they can't believe it got that bad and looking at where I had always been to where I was and where I am now, I really don't know how I managed to let it get that far. Thank you for your support, as always!
  • bombshellcertification
    bombshellcertification Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Asherah!! You are so much more toned and sculpted :) looking lovely lady!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
    I am tracking your loss as we are built very similarly, I am only two months in and I lost an inch in the bust too! Its amazing how much more in balance in makes me! I think the slow steady progress is awesome--and telling how lbs does not make all the difference -- inches & toning can really make all the difference too :) Keep it up sister!
  • Asherah29
    Options
    Asherah!! You are so much more toned and sculpted :) looking lovely lady!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
    I am tracking your loss as we are built very similarly, I am only two months in and I lost an inch in the bust too! Its amazing how much more in balance in makes me! I think the slow steady progress is awesome--and telling how lbs does not make all the difference -- inches & toning can really make all the difference too :) Keep it up sister!

Thank you! It really can! I was super disappointed at first with the fact that weight was not coming off, which is why I'm really glad that I took the progress pictures. I can see improvement month to month and when you put current next to the before, wow! Really got me out of an "I want to give up" slump. That weight isn't going anywhere but the fat is!
  • zingdak
    zingdak Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I can really relate to your story and am super impressed! Congratulations on a toned body and for being an inspiration!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Tight!!! looking good, congrats!!!
  • Asherah29
    Options
    I can really relate to your story and am super impressed! Congratulations on a toned body and for being an inspiration!

Thank you! I was hoping to let everyone know that the scale isn't always right!
  • Asherah29
    Options
    Tight!!! looking good, congrats!!!

Thanks! :)
  • ceemaw
    ceemaw Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    fantastic job! thanks for sharing - it's important to be reminded that it's not all about the number on the scale. :)
  • trish07tx
    trish07tx Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You have every right to brag! You look great! Congrats on your ongoing journey!
  • Asherah29
    Options
    fantastic job! thanks for sharing - it's important to be reminded that it's not all about the number on the scale. :)

Indeed it is! It's not all about that one particular number!
  • Asherah29
    Options
    Awesome job! You have every right to brag! You look great! Congrats on your ongoing journey!

Thanks! Hope it continues smoothly!
  • LynndaMaree
    LynndaMaree Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, You look fantastic. Keep up the good work.
  • arsail
    arsail Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Thank you for sharing! It gives me something to work toward!
  • Asherah29
    Options
    Awesome job, You look fantastic. Keep up the good work.
    Will do! thanks!
  • Asherah29
    Options
    You look fabulous! Thank you for sharing! It gives me something to work toward!

Thanks! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!