Get your butt out of bed.

Options

Replies

• Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Work in the construction industry. We start work at 7:00 AM. Allowing for driving time and such...I am awake at 5:00 waiting for the alarm to go off in 15 minutes. Even on weekends...when I don't have to get up. Because of my chosen profession, I am cursed with EARLY RISER SYNDROME. There is no cure. I have tried staying up late, exercise, sex, warm milk, wine, beer, bourbon, vodka, whiskey, tequila, jagermeister, gin, moonshine, etc....with no joy.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Getting up at the crack of dawn when the rest of your household is fast asleep is one of the hardest things to do. Regardless of how good you know you will feel afterwards, I still find it hard to pry myself out of bed before the sun.

Here are my top 25 tips to wake up early to work out--I hope they help motivate some of you like they have for me :)

I love getting up the crack of dawn even when it's so hard. I agree it always feels great afterwards and you're so happy you did it.

What helps me is setting all my stuff out the night before. Shoes, socks, shorts, shirt, and a protein shake are sitting there waiting on me when the alarm goes off.
  • Myndmelt
    Myndmelt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about trying to go to the gym in the morning. However I am not a morning person at all, and usually I am tired all damn day long. I have problems getting to the gym after work because I'm dead tired. Even though I have an IT desk job.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    24. Plan ahead. Be prepared to roll out of bed and out the door with not much prep to be done in the morning.

Should I sleep with a bed pan then!?
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I sleep in my workout clothes too. I roll out of bed, bathroom visit, glass of water, shoes on and out the door. Any variation and I'm a mess...
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    4:40 every morning, too damn hard to fit in a workout otherwise.
  • MFPMol
    MFPMol Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Go in the afternoon instead?

My job can be pretty unpredictable, I like to get it out of the way vs making excuses later and not getting it in!
  • handbagfan
    handbagfan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this prompt. Really struggling at the moment. Over my allowance again today and no real exercise to speak of.....:frown:
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    11 PM: "Yeah I'm gonna do this YEAH! I'm gonna wake up early and get my day going the right way!"

6 AM: "Nope."
  • ShanStroth
    ShanStroth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this!!!!! Good stuff!
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I just tell myself that the earlier I get up the more time I have for coffee before going to the gym. That's enough motivation for me!

I like working out in the morning as well. The longer I put it off the more time I have to think of excuses not to go.
  • Metalstar
    Metalstar Posts: 2
    Options
    22. Remember that no matter how tired you feel when you get out of bed, 99% of the time you will feel better once you get to the gym. 100% of the time, when it is over, you'll be glad you did it.

This one is gold for me! I hate waking up, but have never regretted not getting that workout in.
  • lifestyle8change
    Options
    Thank you so much for the motivation
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I actually just started doing this last week. Thursday I needed to go to the gym early as I was going to be out all day, so I set my alarm for 6:35 and got there around 7:45 after I was fully awake. It felt so good that I did it again Friday. From now on, Monday-Friday will be 6:35 wakeup calls (as the weekends I have to be up even earlier for work), and days where I don't work before 11 I can get to the gym early enough to get things done!
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Actually, 9 minutes does make me feel more rested, thank you
  • VaporeonSugar
    VaporeonSugar Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Awesome list! I don't really feel like waking up at 3am just to work out though, I already get up at 4am to go to work. :P
  • Raezor1207
    Raezor1207 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love this motivation! I get irritated when people say they don't have time to workout because it is just a matter of getting up earlier than normal to get one in! It is too easy to find excuses and way hard to stay motivated and just do it! So thanks for putting this out there! :drinker:
  • WLG1974
    WLG1974 Posts: 90
    Options
    That's awesome.

I always sleep with my workout clothes on. I have a treadmill next to my bed, I just jump right on the thing and go with it.

You're so right about blocking out the negative thoughts, those thoughts are so sabotaging.

You're brilliant :)
  • jasamjak67
    jasamjak67 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    @MFPMol - This is an awesome post - this will help me get my *kitten* out of bed and get in a workout in the AM! Thank you!
  • kirili3
    kirili3 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Thank you!