I think I've reached a Plateau

Options
Good Morning MFP'rs....So I need a little advice here....Ive been doing pretty well on exercise and eating...Ive lost about 13lbs in 4 weeks just counting calories and working out. The last week I haven't lost a pound. I think I've hit a plateau.??? This is weird because i recently got laid off so Ive been hitting the gym harder than ever. I know this is a "lifestyle change", however it is frustrating when the scale doesn't move. Im thinking maybe its something in my diet that I am eating too much of or not eating enough of. What have you done when you reached a plateau? Or what did u change in your diet when you reached a plateau? I also did eat out twice this week. Even though I was under calorie goal...maybe the food choices I chose weren't to be desired while eating healthy :drinker: ....ok enough rambling...HEllllpppp...Have a Happy Weekend Buddies!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Took a peek at your diary, and off the top of my head, it looks to me like you need to eat more. If you are consuming 1450 calories and then burning 1230, you are only giving your body a little over 200 calories for fuel. I didn't look to see what kinds of foods you were eating, but I know for myself, when I don't get in 2-3 servings of veggies most days and drink at least 8 glasses of water, I don't lose as well that week.
  • HazelDiva1913
    HazelDiva1913 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thank sooo much. Ive been so scared to eat my workout calories honestly. BUt i keep reading that its good to eat those calories. So I will try that this week. Thanks somuch
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Yes girlie! Don't give yourself such a large calorie deficit! Eat my love! ;0)
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    A few weeks ago I had a plateau and I read that one day you should go over your calories and then cut back for a day or two, as to keep your body's metabolism guessing and it revs it up higher and it worked! I follow a 1700 cal diet so one day I'll do 2000-2200 and then go to 1400-1600 for a few days. I try to switch exercises as well. Hope that helps and good luck!!!