macronutrient ratios for paleo/whole30

Options
I want to balance my diet in order to become fat adapted, I must follow this type of diet anyway due to gluten, soy, and dairy allergies. What should the macro ratios be? 30/30/40? 20/40/40? 25/45/35? I'm unsure. What do you guys do?

Edit: my ratios were based on carbs/protein/fat

Replies

• rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Play around with it and see what works for you. Try starting with 30/30/40 at first, adjust as needed. If you're very active or engaged in endurance exercises, you'll obviously require more carbs than if you just lifted heavy 3x a week.
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I follow a similar diet and right now, I have it set to 20% carb, 25% protein, and 55% fat. This is because I'm trying to get in at least 100 g protein per day (per a Dr's recommendation). He also wanted me under 100g carb/day, which is fine because I feel better lower carb and higher fat. I feel more satiated when I eat more fat. I also find that I'm generally happier with my food when I can add things like avocado and coconut oil to it.

I do like the amount of protein and feel that it has really helped me achieve my fitness goals.