Kutting Weight Sauna Shirt?

Options
I'm 32 years old, 5'5" and currently 170 lbs. On about a 1500 cal./day diet, following the Leangains thing. Most of my fat is hanging off my chest and abdomen. Arms and legs - relatively lean. Would something like the "Kutting Weight" sauna shirt be beneficial to me if I stay very well hydrated through the day? Waste of money? I appreciate your thoughts and comments!

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    If you want to be dehydrated it costs less to just drink less water.

There are no shortcuts, miracles diets, magic machines, or sweat boxes that can make you lose weight. Spot reduction of fat is a myth. Your body will let go of fat where it wants to let go of fat. The only way to get rid of abdominal fat is to keep dropping weight. The only way to do this is a calorie deficit. Wearing a vest will not help you have a greater calorie deficit.
  • MalayanTiger
    Options
    Yeah, I was thinking in the back of my head that this might be a waste of time and money. Thanks for the input!
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Nothing to add, except that this post, answer, and response from OP have made me so happy. I feel like this is what the forums are supposed to be like. Question, answer (which could have been considered blunt or rude because it didn't say "do whatever is right for your body") and response saying thanks.

Sorry to hijack, thank you both!
  • MalayanTiger
    Options
    Maybe the recent cutting of fat out of my body with diet and exercise is translating to cutting the fat out of my forum posts, too! Haha!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Maybe the recent cutting of fat out of my body with diet and exercise is translating to cutting the fat out of my forum posts, too! Haha!

These are the most common areas for men to hold on to fat. Arms and legs are generally pretty lean although at just 10 over my goal weight I lost the vascularity in my arms. It's amazing what a difference 5% body fat makes in your appearance. You'll probably find that your lower back is the worst offender once you get your abdomen leaner. Just keep a 500 calorie deficit and keep working on it.
  • MalayanTiger
    Options
    Thanks, you too!!!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    This post has gone a small way to restoring my faith in humanity after wasting too much time in that 'rate my diary' thread! :happy:

Save your money tiger, just keep a sensible deficit and lift some stuff. It takes a long time and it genuinely sucks at times when you don't progress as quickly as you'd like, but trust in the process and the results will come in due time!