swimming for 60 mins= how many laps?

Options
how many laps does swimming for 60mins,breaststroke = how many laps??

Replies

• FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Well, all depends on how fast you swim and how big the pool. You could time yourself for one lap and then do the math to figure out what 60 minutes worth ends up being.
  • jessicafk11
    jessicafk11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It depends on how fast you are swimming. I can easily swim 500 yards freestyle in 10 minutes (20 laps in a short course yards pool) but other people can swim that in less time and for some people it takes longer. I have been swimming for a while and this is not going all out for me, but my warm up speed. When I swim I usually go for an hour or longer and each time the total number of laps varies depending on what I did during the workout. More sprints and faster swimming = more laps than swimming for the same amount of time but doing mainly drills which are slower. The only way to know is to count your laps when swimming.
  • okryai
    Options
    i usually swim like 35 laps in a competition pool for about an hour....cus im trying to cal the calories from the data base
  • aimeeclaire
    aimeeclaire Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Like the others said...it is pretty hard to say without knowing your pace or how many rests you took. I would predict you swam at least a mile :) 60 minutes of swimming is definitely a workout! Great job!