wrist and ankle weights

Fineraziel
Fineraziel Posts: 140
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi! I have a set of wrist and ankle weights. I bought them to do some exercices as I follow a DVD workout for strenght training. But I was wondering how else could I use those wrist and ankle weights ? Any idea ? Can I use them when I do cardio (step, dance, jog, etc.) ?

Replies

• emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    i tried using ankle weights for walks with the dog a few years ago...didn't do much. just annoying and uncomfortable.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Hi! I have a set of wrist and ankle weights. I bought them to do some exercices as I follow a DVD workout for strenght training. But I was wondering how else could I use those wrist and ankle weights ? Any idea ? Can I use them when I do cardio (step, dance, jog, etc.) ?

I would not use ankle or wrist weights for cardio personally.

I do a lot of running and if I were to use the weights on my ankles, it can put unnecessary strain on the bones. I do have a set, but ironically, have never used them, they are still in their box.

With regards to cardio, the cardio itself will tone you up and get you fit, it definitely isn't necessary to add weights to "aid" it.
This discussion has been closed.