Question?

Options
I 've been doing great since joining MFP, losing an average of 1.2 lbs per week. Monday i weighed in at 163.5, and today Friday i still weigh the same. I've been eating less and healthier than ever. My dad said he heard this happens, sometimes the body just gives up for a week.

Replies

• OMISALJ
    OMISALJ Posts: 69
    Options
    I 've been doing great since joining MFP, losing an average of 1.2 lbs per week. Monday i weighed in at 163.5, and today Friday i still weigh the same. I've been eating less and healthier than ever. My dad said he heard this happens, sometimes the body just gives up for a week.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the body giving up.....but I would definitely recommend weighing in no more than once a week, use the same scale and weigh in at the same time and day.....I picked Thursdays cause that's when I started and I weigh in after my morning pee! Before drinking or eating anything! Works for me!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get you down! Some weeks I've weighed in, and lost nothing, and then the next week it will catch up, and I drop the weight.

I've felt like quitting when I've seen nothing change for a week, but just keep plugging away! On my profile I list what I lose each week, and you can see that I've had a few weeks of "zeros", but it all averages out.

Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the body giving up.....but I would definitely recommend weighing in no more than once a week, use the same scale and weigh in at the same time and day.....I picked Thursdays cause that's when I started and I weigh in after my morning pee! Before drinking or eating anything! Works for me!

I totally agree with the above.