Full marathon with P90x3?

Options
Hi guys! So I'm officially starting my 18 week full-marathon training plan tomorrow, and it's the Hal Higdon Novice 2 plan. I have run 2 half marathons, and the last one I ran was at the end of March with a time of 1 hour and 34 minutes roughly. The marathon I am going to start training for is in October, and I was also hoping to incorporate p90x3 as part of my training. So for those of you who have done or tried p90x3 and/or are runners, do you think it's reasonable to pair a p90x3 workout with a run a couple of times a week? Obviously not on my long run days, but I was hoping for maybe 3 days out of the week I could incorporate both in one day. What do you think? Would it be beneficial or just over-working my body? Any input is much appreciated!

If it helps, I'm 19 years old, female, 5'1", and about 97 lbs.

Replies

• aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I think if you haven't done it before, you are going to want to do a round of P90X3 without running or with light running first. It's a lot to handle a new running program and a new weight program at the same time.

A hybrid might be doable, just incorporate the weight workouts on your off days. But listen to your body. At the first sign of overtraining, pull it back so you don't risk missing your marathon!
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Marathon training on its own is quite time-consuming and rigorous. I would highly advise AGAINST doing both marathon training and P90x.