Everything is keeping me out of the gym!

Options
For 3 months I have been in the gym 2-5 times a week. I was doing awesome and lost 8 pounds. The last two weeks I have only got to the gym once. It's so frustrating trying to juggle life, my family and make time for me. Sometimes, I feel super overwhelmed. The worst part is in these last two weeks I gained 3 pounds back. I feel horrible and defeated.

Amanda:(

Replies

• dudleyvic
    Options
    You have to come up with something to do for youself on those days you can't get to the gym. I'm a total gym rat. I can not workout at home....I even have an eliptical that I stare at but I can't get on it. At the gym I'll hop on them in a second. lol. After my last plateu that I held for the last two years I had to decide to do things on those days no matter what. Well, I sure in the hell ain't getting the eliptical so I had to trick myself. I have stairs so I would 'forget' things so I had to go up and down them more than usual. Take the kids on a bike ride/walk. Park in another parking lot altogether then walk to your destination. Small things...don't have to be all at once and at the gym. Just do one more active thing in your day then you would normally do. This will help your mind stay focused on the prize and will keep you patting your back instead of kicking your butt.
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    I think I had a month like that - August! But, then I mentally prepared myself to start going back the the gym. I looked for classes I enjoyed and scheduled them into my life. I get up earlier on Saturday (which I dislike doing) but I find that I get so much more done for the day.

You can do it!!!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    for me, the workout is like saving money...I have to "pay myself first". Look at your calendar, and find a time where your workout will fit, and then stick to it. For me, if I waited to workout with whatever time was left over, I'd never work out.

Also, I agree with the above poster that you need a backup plan for the gym. A few workout DVDs to pop in when the trip to the gym doesn't happen.:flowerforyou:
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I am the total opposite. I prefer working out at home...convenient, I dont have to 'get ready', and I can be as crazy as I wanna be LOL and the shower (which is waaaaay cleaner than a gyms shower) is right there with all my stuff already :) I agree that changing your routine up would help...park in another parking lot, include the kids in your workout like walking. All really good ideas!
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    Hopefully, he can find time to go to the gym again. Had a similar experience, got volunteered to babysit stepson's two year old. I could of very well went to the gym after five when his papaw got home; except by then i wasnt motivated to go, plus gym was crowded at that time. I had to put my foot down, pissed some ppl off, except i got my me time back. If possible maybe you can workout at home, my stepmom lost a lot of weight just by dancing. Dont give up, find a replacement that will work for you.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    even if you can't get to the gym, you could go into your backyard and do jumping jacks, or jump rope, pushups or whatever it takes.