High protein low cal snack ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Wow i have never heard of Kale chips. Where can I find them?

I think most stores carry them now. But I've made my own before. I think they are good, but you need to like kale. My SO didn't like them at all.
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Ohhh good post
  • sticky130
    sticky130 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Uk and I get biltong & the zero calorie sauces (Walden farm) from Musclefood online. They've loads of stuff available.
  • XxCaz89xX
    XxCaz89xX Posts: 29
    Options
    - Hard boiled egg
    - Fage 0% Fat Free Greek yogurt with a few Goji Berries and flaked Almonds
    - Quest protein bar
    - Protein Shake - 20g Protein powder, 50g strawberries, 100g Fage yogurt and Almond Milk blended up
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas here.

My afternoon snack usually consists of 1 hard-boiled egg, 1 light string cheese, and flavored Greek yogurt. It's about 210 calories and 24 g protein. Next week I'm having tuna wraps for lunch and I'll be alternating between 1 cup fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt with 1 T PB2 and a hard-boiled egg (180 cal/21 g protein), and 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese with 1 T sugar free strawberry jam and a hard boiled egg (180 cal/16 g protein). I also eat Quest bars before lifting 4 days per week and I have a protein shake 5 days per week.

My protein intake runs from 125-150g/day and my dairy is open if you want to check it out for more ideas.
  • Robotponysaurus
    Options
    If you're looking for a vegan or vegetarian option, Primal Strips are great and they sell them online or at wholefoods :D They're seitan "jerky," and the thai peanut flavor is not only the yummiest, but it gives the most protein bang for your calorie buck (10 grams per 70-something calories.)
  • pmsherlock
    pmsherlock Posts: 56
    Options
    - Hard boiled egg
    - Fage 0% Fat Free Greek yogurt with a few Goji Berries and flaked Almonds
    - Quest protein bar
    - Protein Shake - 20g Protein powder, 50g strawberries, 100g Fage yogurt and Almond Milk blended up

Quest bars are brilliant and I'll also go with a vote on the Fage 0%.

One of my other favourites is 1 slice of wholemeal hovis, 20g of jam and 20g of organic peanut butter.
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options

spicy roast chick peas (spray some fry light in an oven tray, tip in a in of chick peas, throw in whatever spices you fancy - I usually do chilli and garlic with rosemary - and roast for 45mins)
    I am making this now- will report back in 45 mins!
  • startingover72
    startingover72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Great thread - some brilliant ideas :smile:
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Ooooh what great suggestions...

I was told quinoa is a great protein source, too.

My favorite is a handful of cocoa dusted almonds. Not sure what you consider low cal for snacks, but a serving is 160ish calories and it helps with the chocolate/sweet cravings.