175 lbs down. From Morbid Obese to Half Marathoner

Options

Replies

• loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Love this! Thank you for the inspiration! You look and sound fabulous! Love your attitude!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all of your achievements!

Great advice, too! :glasses:
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your goals are similar to mine, the only difference is that you've been able to accomplish yours and I'm just starting out (again). I have to agree, this time I'm very open about my weight loss, and I've noticed that being open about it helps keep me accountable and motivated. Seriously though, absolutely amazing transformation...well done and keep on moving!
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    You are a complete Badass in my book!

haha i tell myself that everyday =) even got a t-shirt made!
  • bobbijodmb
    Options
    I started out with the wii back in the day and worked my way up!! great job!!!
    This post is so inspiring and motivating to me, @bobbijodmb! Thank you for posting it. :D

I really love this in particular...
    Some things that have helped me:
    **Small steps- I was very resistant to change. So 175 lbs ago the things that I am doing now would have completely frightened me and made me not want to continue. But it took small changes over time and I don't miss anything.
    **Being open about my journey. I saw the biggest changes happen when I was ok talking about my weight, my weight gain and my weight loss. I feel like an open book.
    **Finding support. Throughout my journey I have had to change some of my support. Most everyone was supportive at the beginning. When you are over 300 lbs, most people are more than willing to support someone. But I noticed, the smaller I get, some people struggle with this. Some of my friends were a lot more supportive when I was way bigger than them, vs now that I am smaller than them.
    **Find a workout that you love. I started out with water aerobics, walking, the elliptical. I loved these- now they drive me crazy. I found zumba and kick boxing and spinning. Now my new love is running and being outside and being active in life.
    **Life is about moving more and experiencing more. I was always a believer that my weight didn't define me. But looking back it did. There were life events that I didn't try and subconsciously it had everything to do with my weight, I just didn't want to admit it. For example- I never kayaked until last year-- I said it was stupid, looked boring, etc. After I got outside my comfort zone, I loved it and realized that I would have NEVER done that when I was overweight. NEVER. So for me, it was admitting how much it stopped me from completely enjoying life at times.

The other day, I had an awesome experience at Clark's. We were talking to a nutritional consultant that works there, but what amazed me was that when he asked (in a polite way) what I weighed so that he could make recommendations, I had no qualms telling him. Even though I am still close to my starting weight, due to being just under a month into my journey. It made me really happy to be able to tell him that and not have any qualms about it. A small thing, I know, but still. :)

Right now my preferred workout is still Just Dance 3 and 2014 on the Wii, but I love it. Hopefully tomorrow I can check out the gym that's about a mile and a half away… and maybe sometimes I'll even walk there! Sometime soon I wanna see about zumba too. I would say more but I've already rambled too much.

Thank you again for your post, @bobbijodmb!
  • bobbijodmb
    Options
    THANK you for sharing this. So, did you go on a specific diet or just made eating lifestyle changes? Did you cut out certain foods altogether (like alcohol or sugar) Please tell me more!! And congrats!!

No diets-- all lifestyle change and that came slowly over time. Cut things out here and there. Make modifications and eventually it all came together. I dont feel like I am missing out on things and certain things i have no cravings for any longer
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I love your story and transformation! Great work!!!

I loved reading about your journey and what you learned along the way. Very inspiring to me as I am working on the same journey. Thanks so much for sharing. I look forward to doing this one day!
  • dashdiet2013
    dashdiet2013 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your journey. It is so challenging when the goal is so big, but the reminder to take it one day at a time is just what I needed to hear today.

Congratulations and please know that you've helped many people by sharing this!
  • newlooknewme2014
    newlooknewme2014 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Very Inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing ^_^ Tremendous Journey! :)
  • shaybell34
    shaybell34 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thankyou this spoke to me in volumes upon volumes. Im morbid obese and just looking at that body scan made me take a look at myself. Its really hard at times to find that love me an get up attitude. And your right the person that can get in your way is yourself.. Thankyou for your testimony..
  • nedtoloseme
    nedtoloseme Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! Congrats!
  • knittingayle
    knittingayle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow. Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your photos and your story.
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Way to go, amazing!
  • wayley1982
    wayley1982 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!! Thanks for sharing. Your story has really kicked in my motivation. I hope I'm sharing pictures and telling my story 18 months from now.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sharonpink
    sharonpink Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    God Bless You and Thank you for sharing your story. I'm on the same journey and it helps to know that people have done it! I'm 14 lbs. down with about another 120 to go :)
  • redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    incredible - the photos are inspiring, but what is even more inspiring is your fantastic attitude. thank you for sharing!
  • tremroy1
    tremroy1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Congratulations your story and journey is an inspiration to everyone trying to be healthy. You are the poster icon for MFP. I love your attitude and thought processes for weight loss. Good luck with the future, you deserve this reward you have given yourself. I am a fan.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Bravo!!

l luv the added photo of the body scan. Bones are an amazing part of our body that gets sorely overlooked! (Can you tell I love looking at bones:laugh: ) When I look at your body scan I see fully the changes, yet the bones remain the same. :smile:
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation, thank you for sharing your story! It's stories like yours that give me hope for myself! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!