Eating snack foods?

Options
2»

Replies

• paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack food is these things.....

oscar-mayer-packs.jpg
    Those look amazing! I've never seen 'em!
  • AndyRogan
    AndyRogan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    If you cut out your favourite snack foods, eventually you'll start craving them and have a big blow out.
    Better to ease off them slowly, sticking within calories.

A bit like smokers trying to give up

Also, I want those P3 treats to come out in the UK now
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I tried cutting out all snacks and all wine and became a little obsessed. Kept thinking about snacks and wine.

Now I save calories for one glass of wine and a small but salty snack in the evening. Just right!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I've been really focusing on eating healthy, balanced meals. Is it okay to eat snack foods, like a few pretzels or goldfish as long as I am sticking within my caloric boundaries?

Absolutely.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I made the thread. Posted a couple of things already. Will add more when I make anything I think people might like.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1325420-my-favorite-protein-desserts-and-other-treats
  • Pete1964AK
    Pete1964AK Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Heck, you can eat unhealthy snack foods. I try to eat ice cream or chocolate once a day. I portion control and save calories for it. I even drink on the weekends and continue to lose weight. It's all about moderation and logging accurately. I figure one 180 snickers ice cream bar at the end of the day when I have 200 calories left is a win win, especially if it means I won't be tempted to eat an entire pint of ben & jerry's the next day.
    I'm going to make a thread on how to make healthy treats that taste like the unhealthy ones but are actually heathy. I just keep getting too busy to make the thread. lol Soon though.

Get on with it.........
    I need to find some tasty snacks
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have snacks scheduled into my day:

8:30 AM: 300 calories
    12:30 PM: 350 calories
    2:30 PM: 150 calories
    4:30 PM: 200 calories
    6:30 PM: 500 calories
    8:30 PM: 300 calories

Any extra calories I earn through exercise make my dinner and/or evening snack bigger.
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Special K cracker chips are yummy and low calories.

YES. Eating these with some cheese as we speak.