Wasn't gonna do an intro..

Options
I wasn't going to post an intro because I'm usually to self-conscious about my weight. But I've been reading the boards for a few days now, and everyone is so supportive of everyone else, so I decided I'd give it a try. Besides, if I'm going to change my lifestyle completely, now is a good time to step out of my shell!

I found this site thru an app on my phone about 3 weeks ago. I downloaded it and started to use it and the site, and I absolutely love it. I have decided to do a modified c25k program, using my elliptical instead of walking/running. I think I need to get in better shape before I start running.

I'm a 35 year old gamer nerd, who love all things computer. This site appeals to that part of me!

I look forward to spending my long journey here :-)

Replies

• FavDaughter1
    Options
    Welcome!!! This site is amazing, and you will receive tons of support and encouragement, as well as great ideas.
  • FIRECHICK30
    Options
    WELCOME MFP!!
  • nellajane24
    nellajane24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Good luck! This site is AMAZING for support! We are all here for each other, which I love because I don't get any support from the people around me everyday. Welcome!!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I think we are all a little bit like that at first. Nervous, self-conscious, embarrassed, the list goes on and on. You have to remember we are all here for the same reason. To lose the weight and hopefully make some new friends in the process. I was told about this site from another friend who joined up. I LOVE it here! Have any questions feel free to look me up. All my best.

Also remember....the longest journey is the one you never begin.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,003 Member
    Options
    welcome,
    this is a great site, everyone has been so supportive. We are all in the same boat ......
  • Neuroticwench
    Neuroticwench Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, you're gonna love it here! :smile:
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :) You will absolutely love it!
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    Welcome. For some reason, your intro really made me smile. I like nerds. I am one. I think you will like it just fine here.
  • MrsTLP
    MrsTLP Posts: 15
    Options
    Welcome! I just started here around the first of November. It's GREAT!
  • kgaylord
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I have been logging my calories/exercise for a week. I love this site. They actually had food in the database from a small place I eat in my hometown. I have felt a lot better since watching my portions/food and exercising.
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!! I love this site because I don't feel judged because of my weight and everyone here is so supportive. This is exactly what I need to lose all my weight and I hope you find it to be as useful as I do. If you need a little more support you can always send me a friend request if you would like.
  • rori_74
    rori_74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP , you'll enjoy this site, it's great here . :flowerforyou:
  • fit_nyc
    Options
    I'm a researcher who spends a lot of time on the computer analyzing data, so I know how difficult it can be to break the sedentary lifestyle. MFP is a great place to start. By the way, what is the c25k program?
  • Lona728
    Lona728 Posts: 105
    Options
    Welcome! Today is my 10th day on here. I love this site!! A cousin of mine told me about it and I already have a friend who joined after me telling her about it. I think you will love it. Everyone here is so supportive and nice!! If you want you can friend me on here and we can support each other.
    ~Lona
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    well I for one am so glad you came out of your shell and posted!!!:flowerforyou:
    You will love this site!!:bigsmile:
    It has changed my life!!! This is the first time in my life I have stuck with anything.... and I know its the support I get here!:smooched:
    Log every stinken single bite you put in your mouth...... and good for you using the elipitical!!
    here is another HUGE WELCOME!! :flowerforyou:
  • goalsaregood
    goalsaregood Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I also wasn't going to do an intro, but then everyone seemed so nice. You'll be happy for the support and connections! Welcome!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I'm a researcher who spends a lot of time on the computer analyzing data, so I know how difficult it can be to break the sedentary lifestyle. MFP is a great place to start. By the way, what is the c25k program?
    c25K stands for Couch to 5K, it's a program designed to take non-runners up in endurance and ability so that they can, at the end of the program, run a 5K race. It's fabulous and makes it really doable.

There are free podcasts on itunes that can help you do it, check it out!