Breakfast Ideas! High protein NO eggs!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    With Protein shakes are they not very high in calories?

All depends on what kind you get/make. That's the beauty of them. You can personalize them.

But whatever you do, don't by any shakes from MLM salespeople. No Shakeology, Body By Vi, Herbalife, nothing some person is trying to sell you. Just get things online/from a store.

Do none of them things work then? I was considering joining Herbalife as my cousin has lost so much weight and inches from it?

Herbalife is expensive and does nothing for you that you can't already do for yourself for 1/4th of the money. And the powder tastes horrible. You would do better buying some online. Try GNC.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,272 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas, I'm going to give a few of them a go :)

I've read so many times that eating breakfast is the best for you so I just thought I would start small and work my way into it.

Current scientific studies have shown that eating breakfast is not magical for weight loss. If you WANT to eat breakfast and you PERSONALLY feel better doing so, then go for it. Otherwise don't force it.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    With Protein shakes are they not very high in calories?

All depends on what kind you get/make. That's the beauty of them. You can personalize them.

But whatever you do, don't by any shakes from MLM salespeople. No Shakeology, Body By Vi, Herbalife, nothing some person is trying to sell you. Just get things online/from a store.

Do none of them things work then? I was considering joining Herbalife as my cousin has lost so much weight and inches from it?

some of them do work - but they're not worth the cost IMO. they're sometimes twice or three times as much as making your own. they save no time and they're no better for you. you just have to pay all of the ppl in the pyramid.

walk into GNC and tell them that you're looking for a protein powder that fits your criteria (low cal or low carb or whatever you're doing). mix it up in the morning w/ a banana and some water or coffee & some ice. you'll save a ton of money and you'll get exactly what you want.
  • carlyjaner
    carlyjaner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone Need to start looking up some ideas for home made protein shakes! :)
  • bluetuesday5
    bluetuesday5 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Sausage and beans.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas, I'm going to give a few of them a go :)

I've read so many times that eating breakfast is the best for you so I just thought I would start small and work my way into it.

I HATE eating so early in the morning too!! It's almost like force feeding myself sometimes soooo What my trainer suggested was to eat AFTER my workout. If you need to eat before your workout eat a carb like a banana or something or nothing at all.
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    you can try GNC Pro Performance - 100% Whey Protein Powder - Chocolate Supreme. I like the test, you can mix with milk, kefir or just water. It's only 140 calories with 24g protein. You can get fancy put a scoop in blender with milk ( or almond milk to have less calorie with more protein) and banana, I LOVE it :-) good luck with your search.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Keep skipping breakfast, esp. if you don't look forward to it.

Eat when you like to eat, plus skipping breakfast gives you more calories to use for later meals.

All that 'kickstart your metabolism' re: breakfast is outdated old wives tales.