Losing weight in the wrong places :(

Options
I've lost 22lbs in the past 4 months. I have lost weight in my waist and face. Unfortunately my behind is now starting to look like a pancake :( I mean I never had a whole lot back there but my lower body is getting smaller. Meanwhile I'm not losing anything uptop. I've always been heavy cheated (36D). Now I look weird and unporpotionate. I really just want to lose 2 inches off my waist and hats it. I could not lose another pound and I'd be happy with my 2 inch smaller waist. should I change my workouts. Now I'm eating 1200 cals and burning 500 most days exercising. What should I change?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Well you can't spot reduce it will come off where it wants to...

for your butt...squats...weighted ones

what to change...the number of calories you are eating...1200 is not a lot...are you eating back exercise calories? if not that needs to change esp with 13lbs to lose.
  • leahslife1
    Options
    I had the same problem. Unfortunately there is nothing your an do. You can spot lose weight - you lose it everywhere. You can do specific workouts that target that area. Try jillian michaels buns and thighs, squats, donkey kicks etc.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    You need to start lifting heavy weights...and you need to eat a lot more.

MFP is quite notorious for setting calorie goals FAR too low, regardless of height and weight. For example, it told me to eat 1200, and my BMR (the bare amount of calories I need to LIVE) is 1280. And I am extremely tiny, only 5 feet. So unless you are smaller than me, or bedridden, it is almost a CERTAINTY that you are eating too little. (This can result in lean muscle loss, chronic fatigue, metabolism damage, bingeing due to over-restriction, and of course the dreaded "pancake butt".)

Go to

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

and enter your height/weight/activity level.

Subtract 10-20% from the number it calculates for you, and that is the number of calories you should be eating a day in order to lose weight. With this method you do not eat back your exercise calories, as they are already figured into your daily goal.
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    You definitely can't spot reduce, meaning you don't get to decide where your body is going to drop pounds or inches. What you can do though is work on the muscle in areas and hope that you get the development you want to see. If you're after a bigger booty then you want to make sure you're working that area and the surrounding area. You can create a bit of an illusion. The smaller the waist is the bigger the things around it look, as well if you work on leaning out your legs, that may help to give the tush a little push. Good luck!
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I seem to keep my butt. In the past my upper body lost all the weight. I have worked hard to build my upper body with weight lifting and losing fat (all over). My kids even told me I had gained size upper body and lost it lower body. It takes a lot of work but it does work.

This guy has some great glute exercises: http://bretcontreras.com/
  • Bshaw2442
    Bshaw2442 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    LIke the poster above me stated, you can not spot reduce :/ Your genetic make up decides where you lose first. Just continue to work out and eventually you will start losing the unwanted weight in the areas that you are wanting gone. You def need to eat at least part of your exercise calories or you body will go into starvation mode and hold onto the "extra" that you are wanting gone!! Keep it up and you will get the results you desire :)
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    When life gives me pancake behinds I cover them in syrup. Then again I'm in to some pretty wierd sh**.

sorry this made me laugh.... a lot... my boss is now looking at me LOL

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: