Favorite Greek yogurt?

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Homemade, why pay so much for a name brand? Buy plain fat free yogurt, drain it yourself and you have your own homemade greek yogurt.

because my time is valuable and it's not a priority or a significant savings to do so.

For me... it's not that serious to pay 4$ for greek yogurt with someone's name on it.
  • cheddarboy
    cheddarboy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Liberte Vanilla & Plain
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    Greek god's is really good. I hate the texture of most greek yogurts but this one is smooth and no chalky aftertaste
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Fage Total is the best - followed by Fage 2%. - don't lije the Fage 0% :( Lidl do a brand Eridanous which is OK - some of their stores do it in a large pot which is quite economical. Still prefer Fage though
  • mrstiffmoore020210
    Options
    I've only been eating Yoplait Greek Strawberry. I'm always scared to try new things sui just going from Yoplait strawberry to Greek was big. I even like peach and strawberry Activia but it doesn't help much with what it claims. Anyway, I'm going to try this brand this time. Thanks for your comment :)
  • gretlarson
    gretlarson Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Chobani but I haven't tried Fage. A lot of the other brands in my store contain corn starch and I can taste it in the product.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I make my own!!!!!!!!!!! yummmmmmmmm!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

16itwu8.gif

I like this
    2820qox.jpg

:laugh: :laugh:

And Wow! I have to try those!!
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I love Wal-Mart's brand "Great Value" non-fat Greek yogurt. I like strawberry and peach. It is thicker than other brands of yogurt I've had including Chobani and Yoplait. I like the consistency and flavor.
  • brilliantcoe
    brilliantcoe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I prefer yogurt where the ingredients are milk and yogurt cultures. Period. Nothing else. Adding in anything else to me is not really yogurt. I was at a work conference and I tried Oikos and I thought it was disgustingly sweet and I looked at the ingredients - not real yogurt, had pectin in it I think, modified food starch - why is that in my yogurt???

Costco is selling 100 ounces of Fage for $7 which is really cheap. When I can't go there I get 32 ounces at Trader Joe's for $5. Fresh and Easy also sells a 32 ounce container for $5 but the protein for an 8 ounce serving is only 20 grams instead of the 22 grams with the Fage or Trader Joe's brand. That is also a quick indicator if the yogurt is truly greek yogurt - how much protein is there in an 8 ounce serving - if it is less than 20 grams, there is all sorts of other fillers in the yogurt.
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I make my own!!!!!!!!!!! yummmmmmmmm!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

16itwu8.gif

I like this
    2820qox.jpg

:laugh: :laugh:

And Wow! I have to try those!!

Oh wow I need to try those too!
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I prefer very thick and creamy plain Greek yogurt with no weird after taste. Right now, I like Fage 2%. Before Fage, I loved Voskos but my supermarket stopped selling that particular brand which totally made me depressed.
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Dannon Lite & Fit Greek Yougurt because I can buy it pretty cheaply by the case at BJ's Wholesale and it has lower sugar than some of the other ones.

That's my favorite too.

How much do you get it for?
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like the Chobani Champion tubes... the only other one I have tried is Yoplait and I hated it... it took me a long time to try anything else... But I will eat/buy Chobani... haven't tried Aldi's yet.. I may give that a try because I like their Fit and Active yogurts.
  • bcanderson123456
    bcanderson123456 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Homemade, why pay so much for a name brand? Buy plain fat free yogurt, drain it yourself and you have your own homemade greek yogurt.

because my time is valuable and it's not a priority or a significant savings to do so.

For me... it's not that serious to pay 4$ for greek yogurt with someone's name on it.

This is one of the funniest arguments I hear all the time for not doing things. The I don't have the time or my time is too valuable are just copouts. How long does it take to put the yogurt in s strainer and let it sit for awhile. It takes all of 5 seconds to do. But then again you may not have the extra 5 seconds every few days. LOL
  • moij0
    moij0 Posts: 87
    Options
    the one from greece :smile:
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Dannon Oikos plain (which I usually add fruit or stir in protein powder)

Dannon Oikos Vanilla

and the Dannon Light & Fit Greek flavored kinds. I really like the Peach and the Strawberry-Banana.
  • amhafford
    amhafford Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I personally like Dannon Oikos and Yoplait Greek 100's, especially the vanilla ones!!. I never could stomach Chobani!
  • osothefinn
    osothefinn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Greek god's is really good. I hate the texture of most greek yogurts but this one is smooth and no chalky aftertaste

It's so good, but man, lots of cals since it's full fat. Figure it's lower calorie than Ben and Jerrys ice cream though.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    If I am doing plain I prefer the texture and flavor of Fage. If flavored (I like vanilla with fresh berries on the top), I like the Oikos brand.
  • illbeinyourband
    Options
    I love Chobani and at first I hated Oikos but after having it at work a few times (they sell it in the cafeteria) I can live with it. Never tried any expensive brands.