Favorite Water Bottle? (need more water, always!)

Options
I've been drinking more and more water since joining MFP. I want to splurge a little and buy a nice water bottle. The problem is that I have no clue what I want, so I would love to hear from you guys. I've used one of those Brita bottles with the filter, but I don't really care for it.

Any input is greatly appreciated since I'm overwhelmed by my search on Amazon at the moment. :grumble:

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    i just have a simple canister with a screw top. i would keep it cheap and simple because theres a good chance you'll end up leaving it somewhere. i am usually pretty good with not losing things but ive went through like 5 water bottles in the past year because i keep leaving them everywhere
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I get the gallon water jug at the grocery for $.79, and then refill it from the faucet at home.

I take it to work and every other day bring it home to refill.

Easy.

Cheap.

Holds alot of water.

and if I lose it.....no big deaL!
  • turpenoid
    turpenoid Posts: 73
    Options
    You both make an excellent point. I didn't even consider that I might lose it. Maybe I'll go to Target or something today and grab a cheap one. Thanks!
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I have tried the other "fancy" bottles and such but you just need to refill them too often so said the heck with it. A gallon jug it is!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
  • tigergem86
    tigergem86 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    it takes a while to find one that you like, i realized i dont like to carry a really heavy jug, i dont like wide mouth nalgene bottles, and i dont like those lids on a strap because i will always slap myself in the face. i drink ALOT more water when i have a cup with a lid and straw so i have a ton of them. When im going to be traveling or walking alot i use a hydroflask, those aluminum ones with a small screw lid.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Last winter I bought this awesome metal water bottle at the Flylady shop. (http://shop.flylady.net/pages/FlyShop_swb.asp) I have no idea where she gets them from so you'd need to get it from her if you wanted one.

I don't do so well with water unless it's really cold and this bottle is VERY well insulated. Recently, I filled it half full with ice and the rest of the way with water then didn't end up taking it with me when I left the house at 4:30pm. The next morning at around 11:00am I opened it up, took a drink and there was still lots of ice and the water was COLD. I forgot and left the top off and drank a little more two hours later and there was still ice. I don't know of any other water bottle that'll keep ice that long.
  • criticaltodd
    Options
    My wife swears by Kleen Kantine and, I must say, it does a great job of retaining heat or cold over long periods of time.

http://www.kleankanteen.com/
  • turpenoid
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas, everyone! I know this is kind of a silly question, so I appreciate you taking the time to respond.
  • Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I like the Kleen Kanteen too, haven't lost it yet!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I buy Contigo bottles in three-packs from Costco because they never leak. Their travel coffee mugs are awesome too.
  • turpenoid
    Options
    My wife swears by Kleen Kantine and, I must say, it does a great job of retaining heat or cold over long periods of time.

http://www.kleankanteen.com/

They have some pretty sexy water bottles... definitely looking into these! Thanks!
  • Aradia_Silvermoon
    Aradia_Silvermoon Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Brita Filtered Water Bottle. $14 for a hard one at Target and the refills are $7 for a 2pk. They also have coupons out for the filters and bottles out quite often. Last month Target had a coupon got $4/1 Brita refill pack 2pk+ and there was a $4/1 Brita refill pack 2pk+ manufactures coupon so I put them together to get a ton of refills for free! They also had a $2/1 Brita Water Bottle coupon so you could get the bottle cheap!

The have a soft water bottle for $7 and I think the refills are $5 for that one. I have had mine for a year and I haven't lost it yet lol *knocks on wood*
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I love Liberty Bottle Works http://www.libertybottles.com/Liberty_Shop_Collections.asp I have a few of their bottles via LUSH's "Take Back the Tap" campaign. My fiance enjoys using a litre mason jar for his water toting.
  • ashleybohman
    ashleybohman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    For some reason if it's not a glass bottle, I think the water tastes funny. Might be legit, might be completely in my head. I also drink more if there's a straw. I love my Life Factory bottles! I drop them a lot too, and I've only ever broken one (after having for a while and dropping multiple times.)

http://www.lifefactory.com/catalog/straw-cap
  • turpenoid
    Options
    Brita Filtered Water Bottle. $14 for a hard one at Target and the refills are $7 for a 2pk. They also have coupons out for the filters and bottles out quite often. Last month Target had a coupon got $4/1 Brita refill pack 2pk+ and there was a $4/1 Brita refill pack 2pk+ manufactures coupon so I put them together to get a ton of refills for free! They also had a $2/1 Brita Water Bottle coupon so you could get the bottle cheap!

The have a soft water bottle for $7 and I think the refills are $5 for that one. I have had mine for a year and I haven't lost it yet lol *knocks on wood*

Thank you for the suggestion! I actually have a brita bottle already. Great for when I just want regular water, but I would also love something that I can add Mio to or even something to fill with fruit juice. I know I can take the little filter out but I always seem to want something in a different style.

I appreciate your help, though! :)
  • turpenoid
    Options
    For some reason if it's not a glass bottle, I think the water tastes funny. Might be legit, might be completely in my head. I also drink more if there's a straw. I love my Life Factory bottles! I drop them a lot too, and I've only ever broken one (after having for a while and dropping multiple times.)

http://www.lifefactory.com/catalog/straw-cap

I've never seen anything like these! (Shows how much I'm used to working out, huh?) Very intriguing. And I'm happy that you shared that they've stayed durable through use.
    I love Liberty Bottle Works http://www.libertybottles.com/Liberty_Shop_Collections.asp I have a few of their bottles via LUSH's "Take Back the Tap" campaign. My fiance enjoys using a litre mason jar for his water toting.

These are pretty slick, too. Now I'm having a hard time choosing again! Thanks for the suggestion :)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Contigo water bottles from Costco
  • ErinGudge
    ErinGudge Posts: 2
    Options
    Hydroflask is my favorite. They don't perspire, which is great if you do a lot of hiking or go to the beach. They keep cold drinks cold for up to 24 hours, and hot drinks hot for 10-12.

I've had mine for years, and even as dented as it is, it still works great. Plus they will donate 5% of the purchase price to charity if you enter the code online after you get your bottle!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I just keep reusing the water bottles that I buy bottled water in.