Never introduced myself...

Options
tarcotti
tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
...but I'm looking for friends that log daily!

Hey there! My name is Angela, I'm about to turn 29 so I'm enjoying the last year of my 20s! I'm very determined to get back to a healthy me from long ago. When I hit 21, I started gaining weight, I went from 140 to 206. I stopped being active and used to pig out all day due to depression and lack of self control. Now that I've started the journey, I'm now 187 and losing weight every day! I hope to get back to 140 slow and steady. I'm 5'8" so 140 is a pretty good weight for me.

My reason for joining MFP is purely, I want to be healthy and in shape, and this place helps met my goal.
-I want to be able to do my job without feeling like I'm about to pass out at the end of the day. (I own my own wedding photography business)
-I want to be healthy before my husband and I decide have our first baby.
-We also do a lot of ballroom dancing, which can be hard since I weigh so much.
-I don't want to yo yo diet anymore.
-I want this to be a lifestyle change, and not a diet. I think this is finally true now.

The inspiration to do this came when we went from a one family car to 2 cars. I now can leave the house after 2 years of being inside, depressed, all day long. With the new car came freedom, and a desire to be healthy.

Thanks for reading everyone!

Replies

• 87Djones
    87Djones Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Feel free to add me. I log daily to stay on track of my goal. I know the feeling of putting on weight quickly, I went from 220 up to 255 and now back down to 208 with the last year or so. I decide to drop the weight after my second marathon when I saw photo online how out of shape I was wearing a knee brace. My goal is to get down to 190 and try to out a fitness competition for the fun of it.
  • marinadairy
    marinadairy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! Depression hit me really hard when I was a teenager and I gained a lot of weight because of it as well. I hope we can get back to our previous weights. Let's do it together ^^
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I am a daily logger. My diary is an open book and am a frequent cheerleader. Feel free to friend me...
  • stephanieharms1290
    stephanieharms1290 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You have a great mindset. You can accomplish whatever goal you set, if you are mentally prepared!

Good luck! :)
  • tarcotti
    Options
    Hello! Depression hit me really hard when I was a teenager and I gained a lot of weight because of it as well. I hope we can get back to our previous weights. Let's do it together ^^

Yeah girl, totally!
  • tarcotti
    Options
    You have a great mindset. You can accomplish whatever goal you set, if you are mentally prepared!

Good luck! :)

Aww, thanks! I definitely agree with you.

Thanks everyone :)