What healthy substitutions have you made?

Options
*I love chocolate chip cookies A LOT and I can easily overindulge myself so, I've substituted chocolate chips with Nature Valley's Dark Chocolate Granola bar. It's still a sweet chocolate filled snack, but a lot less calories.
*I used to have hot chocolate or ovaltine before bed, but now I just drink peppermint tea with 2 tsp of sugar.
*Instead of having frosted flakes and milk for breakfast, I mix rolled oats and wheat germ together in hot milk with a bit of honey.

What about you?

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    It's cliche around here...but I can't honestly say I've "substituted" anything...I just eat less of the same things.

Oh sure, occasionally I may make tacos with ground turkey instead of ground beef, but that's more a function of wanting different flavor combinations than a true "substitution".

I love cookies too - instead of eating 3 of them with a couple scoops of ice cream and chocolate sauce, I'll just have one and maybe a little bit of ice cream on top. Instead of scarfing down a half a large pizza, I'll eat 2 or 3 slices.
  • skinny0000
    skinny0000 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    3-4 Eggs scrambled in 1-2 Tbls. butter, sprinkled with cheese, on buttered toast.

1 egg yolk with a cup of whites, scrambled in pan spray, no cheese, on dry toast.