Bar Food Choices

Options
I'm on a trivia team and we play at a bar once a week. I had a routine: hamburger no bun with mushrooms and onions with a baked potato. That was working for a while but now I feel like it is a splurge mid-week that I don't really need. Plus I'm a little tired of the same thing.

Any ideas for an alternative?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken?
    Grilled tenderloin?

Or you could eat dinner before you go.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I'm going to trivia night at a Green Turtle on Thursday. I'm working to save up a little extra calories each day until then so that I can have a burger or chicken wings without too much problems.

Maybe see if one of your buddies wants to split something with you. A burger is a lot of calories but half of a burger is still half of the calories.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Do they have salads? Grilled chicken salads? Hummus plate? Can you get a salad with your burger instead of the baked potato? A burger with no bun is not high calorie and is not a splurge IMO.

Beware of chicken wings and ribs
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Do they have a salad on the menu...or maybe just a loaded baked potato....do they offer soup/salad or soup/half a sandwich....grilled chicken sandwich...
  • chinook44
    chinook44 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Try replacing the baked potato with a garden salad. Simple replacement with a big impact. :)

And if you are tired of the hamburger, try a steak sandwich with or without the bun.
  • KingOfTheGeeks
    Options
    un-breaded chicken wings, usually i get hot wings even though i'm not a huge fan as it slows me down.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Skip the burger altogether and just have a couple extra beers :drinker:
  • sytar7
    sytar7 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I don't normally eat a lot of salads but I got a garden salad with chicken and it was very good! Thank you all for the encouragement to try new things. They do have a grilled chicken wrap that I might try next time.

I think it was more anxiety than anything else so thank you for the encouragement.