Replies

• pope66682
    pope66682 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I work in Boston, live in Medford.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Holla! I technically grew up an hour south of Boston, but now I work in Boston and live in Malden.
    I hope you fall in love with Boston like I did!

Absolutely random question, and you probably won't know the answer, but I'll try!
    I went up to a hill in Malden once (years ago), and it was a pretty big one. Could see the entire city from it. Do you happen to know where any huge hills are in the area? I'm trying to find that area again, because I want to go back to do some night photography!

I unfortunately don't. I'm relatively new to the area. I know there's a skyline hiking trail at Middlesex Fells reservation, was it something like that?
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Holla! I technically grew up an hour south of Boston, but now I work in Boston and live in Malden.

Absolutely random question, and you probably won't know the answer, but I'll try!
    I went up to a hill in Malden once (years ago), and it was a pretty big one. Could see the entire city from it. Do you happen to know where any huge hills are in the area? I'm trying to find that area again, because I want to go back to do some night photography!

I unfortunately don't. I'm relatively new to the area. I know there's a skyline hiking trail at Middlesex Fells reservation, was it something like that?

I'll google it and see if it looks familiar. Thanks! :)
  • bostonfit
    bostonfit Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I work in Boston, live in Medford.

Nice! I am excited to be here.
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

Not so random! Did you hike up the hill? If so, it was The Fells (Middlesex Fells Reservation) http://www.fells.org/Visit-Trails.html. In Arlington there is Robbins Hill which you can get to by car, and also offers nice views of Boston. Great spot to watch the 4th fireworks if you want to avoid crowds in Boston. I was born and raised in Cambridge and now live north of the city in Billerica. Both my older children live in the city, one in Cambridge, one in Somerville.
  • rachelrb85
    Options

Not so random! Did you hike up the hill? If so, it was The Fells (Middlesex Fells Reservation) http://www.fells.org/Visit-Trails.html. In Arlington there is Robbins Hill which you can get to by car, and also offers nice views of Boston. Great spot to watch the 4th fireworks if you want to avoid crowds in Boston. I was born and raised in Cambridge and now live north of the city in Billerica. Both my older children live in the city, one in Cambridge, one in Somerville.

Memorial Drive in Cambridge and Piers Park in East Boston also have great views of the skyline!
  • bostonfit
    Options

Memorial Drive in Cambridge and Piers Park in East Boston also have great views of the skyline!

I can't wait to check these places out!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    @bostonfit- I'm seeing John Butler Trio at whatever they're calling the pavilion this year
  • rachelrb85
    Options
    @bostonfit- I'm seeing John Butler Trio at whatever they're calling the pavilion this year

I love John Butler Trio! I first saw them at the Newport Folk Fest a couple years ago, met them and they signed my CD!
  • bostonfit
    Options

Oh nice!