Bloating...please help!!!

Options
Hi everyone,

I am really struggling with some major bloating and I need some help. My weight has not changed and I didn't eat any sodium packed food yesterday but I am so bloated I feel like I could burst. It's not my time of the month either. When I woke up this morning my stomach looked like a butterball turkey when it was flat yesterday. I have only eaten a protein bar after my run because thinking about eating makes me sick. I have never had this happen to me before but it is freaking me out and I need advice! Thank you!

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I have days like that...I decided to write down the food I eat for a couple of weeks to track the pattern...it helped me pinpoint the possible cause of major bloating...

It will pass and you just need to be patient. Drink a LOT of water and herb teas, like double the amount of your normal intake, and continue exercising, especially do some cardio or HIIT to sweat out...weight training actually worsens my symptom...
  • albayin
    Options
    Long runs contribute to my case too. And protein bars for me definitely a big trigger...
  • LaneB89
    LaneB89 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    weight training actually worsens my symptom...

That's because your muscles absorb and retain water to aid in recovery. Totally normal.
  • albayin
    Options
    weight training actually worsens my symptom...

That's because your muscles absorb and retain water to aid in recovery. Totally normal.

yeah....I decided to just suck it up and continue with my routines...but there are days that I couldn't stand it because all my skirts/pants won't fit...
  • dinadeee
    dinadeee Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Drink lot's of water! and try to sweat it out. Help's me out.
  • ajcmoran2005
    ajcmoran2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I had a 7 mile run yesterday and it was mostly uphill so maybe that is a cause of it. I've been running 6 to 7 miles a day for a few months now so I wonder if I need to give my body a break. I just feel so gross'
  • sacramentojohn
    sacramentojohn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Certain foods such as asparagus and watermelon are natural diuretics. They really help. Also, and I know this doesnt sound very good, but a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar really helps me...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Not eating is not going to help. You know it's not fat so why starve yourself.

Did you eat anything out of the ordinary yesterday? Lots of things can cause bloating. An unfamiliar food, hormones, heat, sodium, sugar, almost anything.

Just eat normally, drink a little extra water and let it resolve itself.
  • ajcmoran2005
    ajcmoran2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Nothing out if the ordinary. Greek yogurt for breakfast, granola bar and bagel for lunch and spaghetti with meat sauce on toast for dinner. No pasta though. I did have a protein bar for a snack mid-day and also a cup of pudding. It was about 1600 calories so about what I normally average.
  • HazeyBlue69
    Options
    I have digestive problems and have just been recommended a certain type of probiotic which I have just ordered off Amazon. When reading the reviews it seems to of helped a lot of people with bloating. So a good probiotic supplement (not one of the drinks) could help if you suffer from it regularly.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Nothing out if the ordinary. Greek yogurt for breakfast, granola bar and bagel for lunch and spaghetti with meat sauce on toast for dinner. No pasta though. I did have a protein bar for a snack mid-day and also a cup of pudding. It was about 1600 calories so about what I normally average.

Was the protein bar something different? Was it a Quest bar? I saw another post today from someone that said she thought Quest bars were constipating her and several of the replies said they experienced GI troubles when eating them.