New!

Options
So I have decided it's time for a lifestyle change. By no means am I over weight but I do have a few pounds I want to lose and I am sick of feeling so bad all the time. The combo of little sleep, no exercise, and bad diet have made me feel terrible. To counter that, I've taken up running and I'm trying to eat better. Catching extra winks of sleep is a tough one but I'm working on it.

Anyway, I find that if you try to better yourself, people are quick to get snarky with you so it's nice to have this website and this forum available in order to talk to other like minded people! My goal right now is to lose 8 pounds by thanksgiving. I've lost 3 but I think it's just water.

Replies

• Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Well good luck to you! :D
  • Beach_Chica
    Options
    Welcome aboard. This site is a great place to chart activity and food intake.
  • joliemama
    Options
    Hi swanny,
    I have just joine this minute and was just reading your post, I am from australia and
    hoping to lose a few kilos by december as beach weather is coming up fast.
    I have the same bad habits ie.....lack of sleep, no exercise, diet not too bad but
    maybe too many vinos... Anyway my goal is to lose at least 10kgs by the end of December.
    Tough call as all sorts of christmas parties are lurking around the corner and the wines are flowing
    strong. I will definitely need moral support and don't think all of my skinny friends will understand.
    cheers
    joliemama
  • navy4you2
    navy4you2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    We all have our flaws and we all have our strengths, so lets put them together and help each other. What works for one might not work for another, but give others a place to start. Welcome and Lets Lose together. Add me as a friend if you would like. I have a great support team as well as this site.
  • swanny320
    swanny320 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Joliemama,

I totally understand what you mean. The holidays are going to be SO tough. Here in America we celebrate Thanksgiving which is a day centered around EATING! Lots of fat (but delicious) foods and it's going to be tough to stay on my game that day. My plan is to eat really healthily and work out a lot that week so that I can actually enjoy Thanksgiving without feeling guilty. Good luck with the holiday parties...I feel your pain! :)
  • nikihampton
    nikihampton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I was using My Calorie Counter and a friend told me about MyFitnessPal. I love some of the features I didn't have on the other site. The food listing seems to be much bigger too. I also like that all I have to do is track my workouts and not every minute of my day. The estimate of daily burn is awesome.

I am a mommy of three ages 4 and under. We are trying for #4 and I want to get as much weight off as possible before we get preggers. Something just finally clicked with my eating habits and I am both relieved and proud of the progress I'm making. I lost 13# last month and am aiming for at least another 7. I have a total of 37 more pounds to lose. Can wait to meet people on here!
  • swanny320
    swanny320 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    @Niki - I totally agree with you! The features on this site ROCK!